When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I like the new vintage series rolex rep redsub !

aeromatic

This is one of the best rep vintage subs iv seen! i have never seen a brown dial redsub up close the dial doesent have that shiny lummarkers that was on the last series and overdone yellow colour we used to get, the colour on this dial looks great to me!

post-27094-127289517647_thumb.jpgpost-27094-127289520874_thumb.jpgpost-27094-127289523505_thumb.jpgpost-27094-127289527033_thumb.jpgpost-27094-127289530212_thumb.jpgpost-27094-127289530212_thumb.jpgpost-27094-127289532842_thumb.jpg

i would apprieciate any feedback taking into account that this is a factory replica priced around 158usd with shipping included!

Edited by aeromatic

I got my full tropical from PT this past Friday. The bezel is too bronze (needs to be faded) and the dial needs to be "cooked" a bit. Besides the usually CG's and crown issues, it is a great rep for $198!

The bezel is a little loose, but I'll either put or make a tension ring to tighten it up.

Maybe I should post some pics...will do that later this evening, unless someone else beats me to it!

btw...I compared the 1680 case to my Yuki 9411 case and they look very similar! IMO the 1680 case might be a good base for a Tudor 9411 project!

I got my full tropical from PT this past Friday. The bezel is too bronze (needs to be faded) and the dial needs to be "cooked" a bit. Besides the usually CG's and crown issues, it is a great rep for $198!

The bezel is a little loose, but I'll either put or make a tension ring to tighten it up.

Maybe I should post some pics...will do that later this evening, unless someone else beats me to it!

LOOK forward to your pics! you know whenever i find something that i think would be of interest to members i try to post it

but i have had some negative feedback ok everyone can give there opinion but some members reply with (its crap, it doesent look like a gen ect,ect) ok its not a superfranken but its price i think is good and you have to take it for what it is a factory rep quality control is hit and miss so we know that we have to do the usual as you said cg,s crown issues loose parts ect but this is what our hobby is all about we dont have to start with a 800usd case and build costs around 3,000usd

my 6538 cost me 2,500usd to build and im looking for cheaper builds for my other projects! good luck with you new purchase!

aeromatic...I agree...with a little bit of work, this will be a great rep! Our world is about visualization, it's one thing to have a case built for you to the proper specs, it's another thing in which you take an inaccurate rep and make into a piece that is pretty accurate. This is a true modder, making something from nothing...I...unfortunately...am not a true modder...cry2.gif

aeromatic...I agree...with a little bit of work, this will be a great rep! Our world is about visualization, it's one thing to have a case built for you to the proper specs, it's another thing in which you take an inaccurate rep and make into a piece that is pretty accurate. This is a true modder, making something from nothing...I...unfortunately...am not a true modder...cry2.gif

:thumbsupsmileyanim: also for someone who doesnt want to do anything to it, its still a good watch left alone too mabe a bit of aging here and there a watch for under 200usd sounds good to me

[quote name='aeromatic'

post-27094-127289532842_thumb.jpg

nice to see a closed endlink more like the gen instead of the open type (springpin access) :thumbsupsmileyanim: ]

Edited by aeromatic

$158 sounds like a deal to me, Aero. Of course, I'd opt for the $198 plus s&h for the swiss 2846-2 myself- I'm assuming you're getting the asian 21j. Either way, these watches are a good deal- we all know they're reps, but they're a far sight better than what was around 3-4 years ago, esp. for the price.

Chi, if you're not a modder, at least you have access to a good one! I've seen what you've put out in the last few months and it's pretty darn good!

Chi, if you're not a modder, at least you have access to a good one! I've seen what you've put out in the last few months and it's pretty darn good!

Thanks Alli!!!

I'm not in the same league as say...you, Ubi or jmb, etc. But I'm learning everyday!

$158 sounds like a deal to me, Aero. Of course, I'd opt for the $198 plus s&h for the swiss 2846-2 myself- I'm assuming you're getting the asian 21j. Either way, these watches are a good deal- we all know they're reps, but they're a far sight better than what was around 3-4 years ago, esp. for the price.

chi dont put yourself down! :bangin:

alligoat yes i agree i would prefer the 2846 lets hope that they do a brown dial in any case if i do get this sub i would have to change movement to a slow beat 2846 or an old 2783 like i have in my 5512 i cant get on with fast beat hacking on reps of vintage watches that dident have them! still its a good buy, the 198usd is also a good buy but thats plus shipping so not much difference except the 2846 is the best movement!

Hi

is it the same that Andrew sells ?

Trusty one

regards

im sure its different idlereplicas photos are the same as watcheden,s there photos arent always clear like trustys if trusty can get a brown dial with 2846 movement then that would be a great watch and the date mag is the biggest iv seen on a vintage rep except my thin cased gmt from trusty that has a superb date mag.

At this point it looks like PT is the only one with the tropical brown dial (and bezel insert). Couldn't find it on josh's or Andrew's site. So PT's would be 198 plus shipping, 25 = $223 delivered in the US. Not bad for a Swiss eta 2846-2.

At this point it looks like PT is the only one with the tropical brown dial (and bezel insert). Couldn't find it on josh's or Andrew's site. So PT's would be 198 plus shipping, 25 = $223 delivered in the US. Not bad for a Swiss eta 2846-2.

not bad at all alligoat! the bezel might need some ageing though! :thumbsupsmileyanim: trusty might get this soon im sure they now have the milgauss brown dial but with 2836 hope they dont run out of these super 2846,s !

PT is Puretime ? I can't find it on his website

Hmmm, looks tasty! I wish I hadn't already spent my stipend - I need to ask wife.gov for a raise... :whistling:

Better not call them TARP funds, or that's what you might be sleeping under! :rofl: