When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sea-dweller Titanium Helium Escape Valve Project

Linder

Just a thought, it would be wise for someone, anyone, to open their sd up and take a look at the existing rep valve. This would be the first step in my opinion, then go from there. Creating a new valve shouldn't be that difficult but removing the existing valve is the focus should be...for now.

I was wondering if it's possible to take the plug in Joshua's perfect SD and just "sand blast" a finish to make it look like titanium?

Good point... taking the existing "plug" and refinishing it is pretty interesting. If a genuine or some other kind of substitute proves to be too difficult to make / fit maybe a refinish of the existing "plug" with an inner ring scribed in might work as well?

Still haven't gotten my Josh SD back from the "mod shop".

Okay, guys, I'm going to cut my losses now. My machinest can't do this and I don't even own a SD :lol:

The titanium is much harder than I initially thought it to be. Between that and the very small sizes we're having to work with, I'm just not the person to do this.

Maybe someone else can figure out a way to do it.

@ Thanks for all your hard work and effort This was one project that was going to be tuff with the material and machining work to be done. There may be some good news about modern SD's.

While talking to Maria (MBW) he mentioned that a modern SD would be ready in about 2 months. Correct case, bezel, HE valve ect. He is well aware of the problems with the SD's that are available today. If so then Watchmaster and George will have them as well. Till then we will have to wait. Hope this helps, John.

PS: As a side note I think the "right" SD will be available to all of our dealers. The right combo with all the correct features is probably closer than we think. The rep world has changed a great deal in the last year just think what it will look like next year at this time.

Edited by nonskeder