When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lume! Glorious Lume for all!

Just a quick heads-up for those, like me, who have been desperately trying to buy lume.

Check out ebay seller named wiegand4

Selling Lum-Tec compounds in various shades and sizes, reasonable prices and postage costs.

Huzzah for Lume!

gxcollectionlume_lume.jpg

Stable hand and able to work under a loupe. If you haven't any experience working with a loupe, you will find applying lume to be a real challenge. If you are doing a sandwich dial, none of that really applies, simply split the dial and pile it on. This is why you see many who offer sandwich dial lume, but few who will offer any other type of lume. Unless you have worked under a loupe regularly, with no depth perception and only one eye, and no room for error, you will need a lot of practice to be able to get good results on saussage dials.

I have always used Genuine Super Luminova, if it's good enough for Rolex, Panerai, Omega, and all the others, it's good enough for me :)...

This is what you are trying to achieve, I should add that these results are after 5 years of experience and many hours of practice and a few ruined dials along the way (my own dials)...

4.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

Ubi...don't forget practice, lots and lots of practice, skill comes later on. Like anything done by hand, it's nice to have the individuality of each piece, just like your projects, they are all slightly different.

Here's the twins, side by side...

2.jpg

I still think this is much more of a challenge, due to the shapes and thiness of the lines...

5.jpg

1.jpg

Stable hand and able to work under a loupe. If you haven't any experience working with a loupe, you will find applying lume to be a real challenge. If you are doing a sandwich dial, none of that really applies, simply split the dial and pile it on. This is why you see many who offer sandwich dial lume, but few who will offer any other type of lume. Unless you have worked under a loupe regularly, with no depth perception and only one eye, and no room for error, you will need a lot of practice to be able to get good results on saussage dials.

I have always used Genuine Super Luminova, if it's good enough for Rolex, Panerai, Omega, and all the others, it's good enough for me :)...

This is what you are trying to achieve, I should add that these results are after 5 years of experience and many hours of practice and a few ruined dials along the way (my own dials)...

4.jpg

Wow I got one of those dials myself and would love to have it lumed :wub::wub::wub:

4.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

WOW, now that Is Impressive. :shock: This has to be a "art form" :good:

beautiful work there Zig, art to be sure.

I have been practicing a bit myself, and Im comfortable with the application, but where Im struggling is that my mixture just dries up too quick, and Im stuck with this clumpiy stuff. When it flows its beautiful to work with, just put a blob down and spread it around and it smooths out. Hence my first few will be good, the later markers look like crap :(