When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pre-V Case project - Lates Pics on Page 4

Watchmeister

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick Update:

I received Jakob's case back and yes it does fit. I also fit a pair of the the standard cg lug screws available on Ebay as well and it all fits. So it looks like we are good to send on to the CNC shop for prototype and per case quote. It will take a week or two so I won't have much additional to add for a few weeks. The next steps are to get prices, the prototype made and to send it back to Rob to build it out to make sure everything is good. So, so far we are still looking good.

Hope springs eternal. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well done kruzer. Haven't been looking at this thread for a while now, but it seems you are making very good progress. Looking forward to hear back from you on next steps as I would like to order 2 pre-V cases for sure.

Looking forward to seeing the finished results well done...

Thanks. So am I. :) I am happy with the prototype and I am hopeful we have a good CNC shop but make no mistake this is my first CNC project. Obviously, the front end has gone well as Rob has been working with me and a good forum friend is helping me with the CNC but now I am stepping into uncharted waters on my end. I am still waiting to see what goes wrong. We will find out in the next few weeks whether I am a genius and we have a number of happy members or I am an idiot with one very expensive prototype. :lol:

This is exciting!!

Simon your 203a dial and Jakob your 203a caseback need one of these to snuggle with!!

:1a:

This will be historical!! Can we start to pay...so we can fast track the build out

No need at this point. The CNC person will have the case this week. I know what his prototype cost is and am waiting to hear what the per unit cost is after he has taken a good look at it.

Sounds fantastic. I'll make sure that the 1:1 case back I'm planning will fit too. Great work.

:thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Perfect. Just remember I made sure your existing case back fit perfectly so just specify the same threading and everything will be fine. By the way I did find the member who had all the art work professionally done for a hand wind and automatic case back a couple of years back. If you still need it give me a shout via PM and I will let him know.