When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD V5.9 Swiss ETA 2836-2 from Trevor Time

plaifender

• 1 month later...

I'm just about to pull the trigger on one of these from Trevor after messing up my keyless works on my previous model (ETA) , I see that watcheden have models up to $408 .

My question is , Is it worth spending more ????

Opinions please !

I'm sure Trevor's is a fine watch, but you might want to consider BK's noobfactory DSSD. BK is awesome when to comes to QC.

Most of the others (not sure about Trevor) drop ship from the factory, The factories don't exactly have the best (or any) QC, so you have no idea what you are going to receive. BK inspects every watch to ensure it has a Genuine Swiss movement. He checks alignment of dial and bezel and corrects what he can, and installs one of his awesome date wheel overlays to be centered it the date window. I don't know how you feel about this, but for me, I can't stand when the date on my watch doesn't land dead center in the date window.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Mike

I'm just about to pull the trigger on one of these from Trevor after messing up my keyless works on my previous model (ETA) , I see that watcheden have models up to $408 .

My question is , Is it worth spending more ????

Opinions please !

for me it wasn't worth spending more. I've got a Gen Swiss eta 2836 movement DSSD with 316f steel and good solid build quality. All the qualities of a V5 for almost half the price that other dealers charge. Trevor sent me 2 sets of QC pics (all with date written on a piece of paper along with my email address).... all of the exact same watch that I received... QC couldn't have been better for me with trevor. I'll also telll you that i was the first on the forum to print my experiences with him, and am partly responsible for him becoming a dealer here as a result of my flawless transaction.

Having said that. I realize that not everyone has had such a perfect transaction with him. One person received a watch with a cracked bezel that i recall.

If you're seriously considering his Version DSSD.. i HIGHLY reccomend it, but i would make sure to contact him first and ask about whether or not he has any left. He also got married this summer and had to deal with his town getting completely wiped out in the southern china floods back in may/june. Try to contact him and see what he can do for you.

I've heard great things from BK as well as josh.. but i refused to pay $440usd for a watch that I can get qc'ed from trevor for $240usd....

my .02cents :)

for me it wasn't worth spending more. I've got a Gen Swiss eta 2836 movement DSSD with 316f steel and good solid build quality. All the qualities of a V5 for almost half the price that other dealers charge. Trevor sent me 2 sets of QC pics (all with date written on a piece of paper along with my email address).... all of the exact same watch that I received... QC couldn't have been better for me with trevor. I'll also telll you that i was the first on the forum to print my experiences with him, and am partly responsible for him becoming a dealer here as a result of my flawless transaction.

Having said that. I realize that not everyone has had such a perfect transaction with him. One person received a watch with a cracked bezel that i recall.

If you're seriously considering his Version DSSD.. i HIGHLY reccomend it, but i would make sure to contact him first and ask about whether or not he has any left. He also got married this summer and had to deal with his town getting completely wiped out in the southern china floods back in may/june. Try to contact him and see what he can do for you.

I've heard great things from BK as well as josh.. but i refused to pay $440usd for a watch that I can get qc'ed from trevor for $240usd....

Thanks For That ! I have a previous gen from another dealer but have messed up the works on it , Plus I'm on my third bracelet after two have failed at the weld . Not sure whether this is a flaw that is seen on these later models .Anyhow , Contact made with Le and payment being sent .

Thanks Guys .

hmmm just had a look at trevors site, hes selling the "monaco" concept, which nakirra sells much cheaper anyway (identical version!) for the record i've had many great transactions with reg hes a good bloke, the problem is that this particular one has no full front so u can see the screws holding the face of the watch in the middle... in contrast, for what trevor sells josh sells a much better version, the front is full and it looks mint, the back might not be display, but the display back on those other monaco's is a joke, honestly.

Anyway not dealt with trev i'm sure he's a nice guy, but josh is spot on I got my DSSD ultimate from him with ETA and correct bezel and quite a few others, he doesn't seem to stock crap at all even the cheaper watches are spot on, I'll always deal with josh from now on for my main deals and reg for pens and the odd cheaper version here and there.

Sorry if it sounded like I was doubting the quality of Trevor's products or his integrity, that was not my intention. He seems to have a very loyal following. That says a lot.

I'm sure he's a stand up guy.

-Mike

hmmm just had a look at trevors site, hes selling the "monaco" concept, which nakirra sells much cheaper anyway (identical version!) for the record i've had many great transactions with reg hes a good bloke, the problem is that this particular one has no full front so u can see the screws holding the face of the watch in the middle... in contrast, for what trevor sells josh sells a much better version, the front is full and it looks mint, the back might not be display, but the display back on those other monaco's is a joke, honestly.

Anyway not dealt with trev i'm sure he's a nice guy, but josh is spot on I got my DSSD ultimate from him with ETA and correct bezel and quite a few others, he doesn't seem to stock crap at all even the cheaper watches are spot on, I'll always deal with josh from now on for my main deals and reg for pens and the odd cheaper version here and there.

Glad you like josh. I've gotten plenty of things from him as well and have also always been very pleased. Not sure what about the dssd pictures i put up make you think that Trevor's version is "crap" that he likes to stock. As I said, my decision to deal with trevor was purely economical.. not to mention he provided qc photos of the watch in question for almost half the price of what josh charged. Glad that Josh has worked out for you, and that you will only deal with him from now on. :)

Sorry if it sounded like I was doubting the quality of Trevor's products or his integrity, that was not my intention. He seems to have a very loyal following. That says a lot.

I'm sure he's a stand up guy.

-Mike

no worries.. I don't think anyone doubts Josh's or Bk's integrity anymore than trevor's. No offense taken, i'm glad people have been able to take my experience with trevor and use it accordingly :)

keyless repair should cost between 50 and 70 dollars. are you sure you want to toss it and start with a new watch over such a simple problem?

to answer your question ... every dealer is free to charge whatever they like for a watch. There is no set price for an eta dssd, for example. some charge a lot more than others. it's your choice to pay more or less.

Glad you like josh. I've gotten plenty of things from him as well and have also always been very pleased. Not sure what about the dssd pictures i put up make you think that Trevor's version is "crap" that he likes to stock. As I said, my decision to deal with trevor was purely economical.. not to mention he provided qc photos of the watch in question for almost half the price of what josh charged. Glad that Josh has worked out for you, and that you will only deal with him from now on. :)

I wasn't saying that trevors DSSD is crap, i just had a quick look at the tag monaco he has listed that was all... just to avoid confusion. I was trying to say that josh wouldn't even sell that to anyone thats all.

I wasn't saying that trevors DSSD is crap, i just had a quick look at the tag monaco he has listed that was all... just to avoid confusion. I was trying to say that josh wouldn't even sell that to anyone thats all.

Great... .. I didn't know this thread was about Monacos, but thanks for bringing it up. Again.. Like jkay said.... dealers are free to charge whatever they like.. and sell whatever they like. it's up to us to make the decision on whether or not to buy a certain watch.

If you've decided not to use trevor simply because he has a watch in his inventory that you don't agree with... I don't know what to tell you. Josh has the biggest inventroy of most dealers on the board and as such has VARIOUS versions of many of the watches he sells.. including lower quality versions as well. Regardless of your comment.. i don't see what his having a lower quality monaco has to do with whether or not he is a good dealer. And worst of all, you have no direct personal experience with him to try to compare him to Josh. The fact that josh might not sell a specific model might not have anything to do with whether or not josh is a good or a bad dealer..

Sorry if i sound frustrated, but comments like yours really do rub me the wrong way. This is a thread about my experience with trevor. If you have other experience to contribute (GOOD OR BAD) with trevor.. by all means please do so, but please remain relevant.

Rock on amigo... if you're happy we're all happy. Terribly sorry i'll keep my comments to myself, didn't mean to upset you or anyone.

No one has to keep comments to themselves as long as they're relavent. I usually don't add comments to threads about people's dealer reviews and say things like. Not sure about so-and-so, but i'd never use anyone besides joshua.. I just don't see the point.

Anyways. No harm done. sometimes this internet thing gets things lost in translation easily and we often don't type exactly how we express ourselves verbally. In theory I don't diasagree with you about josh being a good dealer. I also use Josh from time to time, but many of us also use other dealers as well. Nothing wrong with it, just different than what you do.

Cheers :drinks:

I agree, and generally don't like text, you can read it however u like, and take things the wrong way or misread it etc. I always read things with a smile on my face. Especially hate text messages any non of this is relevant so i'll STFU :-) Wear ur DSSD well, i have mine on atm, and i generally can't take it off else my wrist feels really light.

I am new here, could someone please tell me who BK is or provide a link to his site? I am looking for a DSSD and any great reference will really ease my mind in making the purchase.

Ahem... what do you think the last 3 pages were dedicated to? I'd say I've given trevor quite a bit of referencing! If you like what you see in this thread, then get trevor's watch. The cost of his watch is what did it for me :)

Ahem... what do you think the last 3 pages were dedicated to? I'd say I've given trevor quite a bit of referencing! If you like what you see in this thread, then get trevor's watch. The cost of his watch is what did it for me :)

Based on this post I did reach out to Trevor by e-mail earlier today. And I really do like what I have seen in this thread. I've owned a number of watches but never considered a replica until recently. Somehow I stubled upon this board and it has been eye opening. According to what I've read here it looks as though it's best to communicate by e-mail first and get picks prior to purchase. I haven't heard back from him yet so in the mean time I am looking at all options. There is also a favorable mention of BK as well within those three pages and that was the purpose of the question, to find out how to reach BK. So far though, it appears that Trevor offers the highest quality piece for the price. I guess I will find out for myself shortly.

correct. in my opinion and experience trevor is outstanding and his watch is the best deal in town. believe it or not not many people here even know about his dssd until i posted this. i guess its because the dssd hype has kinda died down since a few months ago. anyways.. yeah bk, vac, josh/andrew and (before) eurotimez all have great dssd versions. neither version is more perfect than any other version but they're all good. do some research and decide on hat flaws ur willing to settle with in a dssd, then choose ur dealer accordingly. :) best of luck andwelcome to the most addicting hobby on earth ;)

correct. in my opinion and experience trevor is outstanding and his watch is the best deal in town. believe it or not not many people here even know about his dssd until i posted this. i guess its because the dssd hype has kinda died down since a few months ago. anyways.. yeah bk, vac, josh/andrew and (before) eurotimez all have great dssd versions. neither version is more perfect than any other version but they're all good. do some research and decide on hat flaws ur willing to settle with in a dssd, then choose ur dealer accordingly. :) best of luck andwelcome to the most addicting hobby on earth ;)

Plaifender - Thanks for all the info on Trevor's DSSD. After careful consideration and comparing all the DSSD's out there - I went with Trevor. Sent Trevor an email this morning and literally, in less than 1 minute he responded to me. I confirmed with him that he has your exact style DSSD (Serial number M660304) and in less than five minutes and several exchanges of emails, he was paid and said he would get the watch out ASAP!

So far - great! If all goes well I will post up some pics by next week.

Thanks Plaifnder. I really do appreciate you answering my questions on all those PM's...

Fingers crossed for a "Good one"

Plaifender - Thanks for all the info on Trevor's DSSD. After careful consideration and comparing all the DSSD's out there - I went with Trevor. Sent Trevor an email this morning and literally, in less than 1 minute he responded to me. I confirmed with him that he has your exact style DSSD (Serial number M660304) and in less than five minutes and several exchanges of emails, he was paid and said he would get the watch out ASAP!

So far - great! If all goes well I will post up some pics by next week.

Thanks Plaifnder. I really do appreciate you answering my questions on all those PM's...

Fingers crossed for a "Good one"

Good to hear. Keep us informed on this thread about how it turns out. Can't wait to see pictures :)