When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Latest Superocean on WUS

OSRep

AD had a Red one today. Liked the watch in the pictures and that is where it ends for me. Did not like the watch in person at all! :thumbdown: The bezel should have had the numbers machined it and not printed on. The hands are too long on their "short" side. Having the minute hand long enough to actually be lumed was a big mistake in my opinion. The numbers and hour markers are WAY TOO BIG for the dial. :thumbdown:

The watch does look very sporty, but is slipping away from the traditional Breilting style.

The new Chrono Log is great. For what ever reason they did not include the B01 in it. But it now has more of the Limited Edition Models. The new Black/Blue dial on the BlackBird is really sharp! And the new ChronoSpace seems to be a nice replacement for the out going Airwolf at 47mm! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Theerreeessssss always one grumpy ole fellah hey Bike Mike!!!? Just kidding buddy. Its good to get info from people who have actually handled the watch (ive not seen any new Breitling models in the AD's Ive been to here in the UK yet)........

Did you see one on a rubber strap or bracelet. TBH I think this watch will look better in the black/white with the bracelet......They could have done better on design you are right. Definitely agree on the numbers and markers being too big, and the hands too CHUNKY!.....

I just don't like this design at all. I thought I would warmt to it the more I saw it, but it just looks like it has been designed for designs sake....The previous Seawolfs were great looking Breitling Divers, this just looks like a generic watch to me. My 2 cents only of course

It's a ok looking watch but why would anyone choose this one over the XL Steelfish is beyond me (unless you have small wrists and Fish wears too big for you).

The dial isn't very attractive to my eye, either... Invicta-style, while XL Fish has an amazing 3D Guilloche dial.

I think I'll pass...

Theerreeessssss always one grumpy ole fellah hey Bike Mike!!!? Just kidding buddy. Its good to get info from people who have actually handled the watch (ive not seen any new Breitling models in the AD's Ive been to here in the UK yet)........

Did you see one on a rubber strap or bracelet. TBH I think this watch will look better in the black/white with the bracelet......They could have done better on design you are right. Definitely agree on the numbers and markers being too big, and the hands too CHUNKY!.....

I am sooooo far from being old, or even close to middle age. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It was on a Pro II Diver, which is a very nice strap. Nice deployment like the OR, without the OR retro look. I thinking Breilting is trying to be more Revolution then Evolution with some of their time pieces. They seem to be doing it more with their lower volume selling pieces then their popular ones.

I really do like the new dial they have come up with for the BlackBird.

AD had a Red one today. Liked the watch in the pictures and that is where it ends for me. Did not like the watch in person at all! :thumbdown: The bezel should have had the numbers machined it and not printed on. The hands are too long on their "short" side. Having the minute hand long enough to actually be lumed was a big mistake in my opinion. The numbers and hour markers are WAY TOO BIG for the dial. :thumbdown:

The watch does look very sporty, but is slipping away from the traditional Breilting style.

The new Chrono Log is great. For what ever reason they did not include the B01 in it. But it now has more of the Limited Edition Models. The new Black/Blue dial on the BlackBird is really sharp! And the new ChronoSpace seems to be a nice replacement for the out going Airwolf at 47mm! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

New Black/Blue dial Blackbird?!?!?... :wub:

I tend to agree with Mike on this watch...additionally, the dial is far too small looking; not to mention the overall size is kinda small for a sporty Breitling...

R-

Here's another version.

Pics from Breitlingsource.

Check how the lume has been applied at '12 '9 and '6. Doesn't look that convincing to me (if you remember how expensive watch this is). :thumbdown:

IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0890.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

Nice find BT! I really cant decide whether I like this one or not. But youre right, the lume is applied appallingliy, not only at 6 either :bangin: That gen actually looks like a rep! Actually im sure our reps have better QC!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried one of these on at the AD today with the Pro diver II with the silver/white chapter ring...I loved it!

It has a very clean minimalistic/contemporary design to MY eye. I already own a previous generation gen superocean and thought that was a more simple beautiful face compared to the busyness of the navimeter, avenger, superavenger, bentley etc..( with all the chrono dials and such).

I guess I like the "basicness" of this watch and it looked better in person than I thought! Sportier looking than other Breitlings IMHO.

It is relatively small at 42mm but looks good on my 8" wrists and that rubber strap is great also, very soft and pliable.

Waiting for them to get the yellow rehaut in to compare ...on backorder as they are in high demand..or so I was told.

• 4 weeks later...

Still is not any better looking. :thumbdown:

I feel that It looks better on the ss but the look of this watch dosent say "Breitling" to my eye. I think Brietling has made some of the worlds most beautiful timepieces. When I first saw this model I was like "what the fock"???? what were they thinking. :g: Not a good design as far as Im concerned,It seems that most here feel this way,no surprise really :yawn: