When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Snakes on a Plane, well..Snakes by a Pool and in an Office

dbutlerman

Day 1:

So I was minding my own business making copies in the office, when I reached down to grab some paper - and...I find a snake instead - no biggy - my office is fairly rural and I am kind of used to the idea of snakes hanging around. So I gather my "snaking" equipment (read trash can and gloves) and go back to catch my new office friend, and lo and behold - he has a buddy. One King Snake and one Santa Cruz Garter (I think)...Why they are hanging out together, who knows, maybe they were having a snake Annual GTG to discuss the latest snake fashions...So now I have two snakes - time to call in for re-enforcments.

Now we have crocodile hunter 1 - and crocodile hunter 2 on the scene to catch the snakes. The snakes ended up crawling/slithering under our copy machine, so we moved it and caught the King snake. But the Garter snake got away under our office floor.

We then relocated the King Snake.

Day 2:

I had figured the snake had moved on to greener pastures by this point, but I was wrong. I found the Garter snake sneaking into my co-workers office. It was crawling underneath the door, by the time I got to it only 2 inches of tail was left on my side of the door. I grabbed it, but it made it the rest of the way into the office. So, I called in crocodile hunter 2 again, and after about 30 minutes of searching the office we found it the snake coiled up underneath one of the filing cabinets.

As a side note - I had caught another snake two days ago at my sister-in-laws house. Apparently the snakes in San Diego have been doing a lot of breeding in the off season...

(Side note - that's pink spray paint in the trash can - not blood)

snake1.jpg

snake2.jpg

snake3.jpg

And what did your wife say after that plai?

Don't kiss me spider breath :lol:

Ken

Nope.. She joined me! but she just ate one of the legs....

crazy if you eat that spider, i would turn my stomach just looking at it.

The worst tasting and looking creepy crawly i've ever had was boiled silk worms in Seoul Korea.... Called Bonedeggy!

@fender: You actually ATE that thing? :1a:

I actually ate it! It tasted like garlic chicken but way crispier! I had 5 or 6 of them :)

The worst tasting and looking creepy crawly i've ever had was boiled silk worms in Seoul Korea.... Called Bonedeggy!

Sounds awful.. But have you ever tried Balut? :g:

I actually ate it! It tasted like garlic chicken but way crispier! I had 5 or 6 of them :)

That's hardcore my friend! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If you guys fancy the wierder side of the culinary world, make sure to check our Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern...it's a good one! I just saw one of his episodes on the Tarantula - it looked pretty tasty once you can get your head around it...

@Modelizer -Yup snake free :)

@donerix - I was thinking the same thing - 12' is a lot of watch straps :)