When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Did The Pope Say!

gran

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some popular beliefs over the centuries by religions (mostly Judaic).

- The earth is flat ("four corners of the earth", etc)

- Witches

- Devil(s)/demons

- Christmas (conveniently at the end of Saturnalia)

- Easter: what does this have to do with Eostre/Ishtar and the celebrations that accompanied this goddess?

- other similar retaining of "inferior pagan" religions (many churches in the ancient times were just converted temples from the original religions).

etc etc

flat earth, witches, demons, Christmas, Easter.....

"JUDAIC?"

Hey, didn't they also kill Jesus?

This thread is turning into one hot theological debate.....

God created man, or did Man create god ?

Or did the two create each other and cannot survive without the other ?

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

We know for sure that man created RELIGION......the other question if man created God that is way too difficult to answer properly on a forum......even on a replica watch forum ^_^

The rule is that you don't answer religious riddle scientifically.

Btw, I would believe Gods are some aliens from trillion lightyears away from earth who just happened to breed the earth as a part time project and eventually abandoned it.

But then the question would be,

"Who created these aliens?"

And from there,

"Who created the creator of these aliens?"

And so on.

flat earth, witches, demons, Christmas, Easter.....

"JUDAIC?"

Hey, didn't they also kill Jesus?

This thread is turning into one hot theological debate.....

Lets not forget that Jesus was Jewish (come to think of it even God might be Jewish) and that it was only a small group of people in a city in old Palestine that had him killed...not all of us and most of our ancestors were not yet christian (or even muslim) at that time -_-

@Gran

Descartes (I believe) also came up with the idea of the Evil Deceiver to fill in the other side of the equation.

Here's a question: certainly an object will have a creator and a time of creation. But how about an inanimate thing, such as a mental construct or an idea? Did it have a time of origin, or have all thoughts and concepts always preexisted?

(you can see where this is going)

Yes! I can see where this is going and I like it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Does god exist?

Xabi Alonso just scored from 70 yards against Newcastle. His 2nd goal from his own half in the space of under a year. Surely a legend. Where's docblackrock? :group:

Does god exist?

Xabi Alonso just scored from 70 yards against Newcastle. His 2nd goal from his own half in the space of under a year. Surely a legend. Where's docblackrock? :group:

Thank God Xabi Alonso exists :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The egg came 1st. It was laid by a bird that was at the starting point of evolving into the chicken as we know it today.....

I agree. The egg came first....but how to define the "egg" thats the question :)

a. A female gamete; an ovum. Also called egg cell.

b. The round or oval female reproductive body of various animals, including birds, reptiles, amphibians, fishes, and insects, consisting usually of an embryo surrounded by nutrient material and a protective covering.

c. The oval, thin-shelled reproductive body of a bird, especially that of a hen, used as food.

2. Something having the ovoid shape of an egg.

3. Slang A fellow; a person: He's a good egg.

tr.v. egged, egg·ing, eggs

1. To cover with beaten egg, as in cooking.

2. Slang To throw eggs at.

Idioms:

egg on (one's) face Informal

Embarrassment; humiliation: If you do that, you'll end up with egg on your face.

lay an egg Informal

To fail, especially in a public performance.

put/have all (one's) eggs in one basket Informal

To risk everything on a single venture.

GOD said 'let their be Chicken', and a chicken appeared. Shortly therafter, in the garden of Eden, a man in a white suit with a white beard appeared, it was reported to be Col. Sanders. The rest is 'finger licking good' history.

ekhunter's I.D.* explanation is the hallmark of a man who has understood it all!

*I.D. = Intelligent Dinner

@Ryyannon :)

Where's jjajh these days?

Look up about 15 rows in section FF...no not GG...FF.

See the guy with the white robes, gasa hat and shades...eating popcorn....that's me. :victory:

This is one hellava spectacle and it's free B)

I am of the old school that believes that the superiority of exemplification always trumps explicit rules of behavior. In looking for common ground, the only clear palce to start is that we are all homo sapiens. After that, the horses have left the barn.

So...sitting here enjoying the day, hating absolutely nobody and wiggling my toes is about the best example I can be at this moment.

;)

It would be a wonderful thing to be left alone and to wiggle our collective toes in the sand. But some other cultures are compelled by their beliefs to spread those beliefs abroad, by sword if necessary, and we will not be left alone.

As much as it behoves me to say this, but the US is the single largest exporter of military strength. The one country guilty of spreading their beliefs by sword above all others.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way defending terrorists or fundamentalists, but of all the stances to take, the one of "They're attacking countries outside their borders" is the most hypocritical of them all.

On one hand, there is probably a perfect reciprocity between the visible violence of fundamentalist fanatics and the somewhat less visible violence of the fanatics of a global, liberal economy with its cortege of multi-national corporations, unrestrained capitalism and the homogenization of cultures.

Be it as it may, I sometimes dream of the improbable retreat of U.S. interests behind the virtual walls of a Fortress America - a kind of splendid 19th-century Isolationism, the ramparts from which we could observe the rest of the world implode under the weight of its own unresolved stresses, contradictions, and fault-lines.

Are we (the U.S.) the glue holding things together, or the agent of global disintegration?

If Atlas shrugs, would the world be a better place?

How I wish that we could turn our ressources and energies inward to better our own nation and our own people....