When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new PloProf with different straps 7 mesh

MADRED7

Dear All,

over the last weekend I did some pics of my new PloProf on a different straps.

I had the watch on my wrist during a shower and cleaning the kids hair in our tub.

So my watch got wet several times and I have no issues so far, cross fingers for the future!

Before I got the watch I bought a new divers strap, an orange racer-strap...very thick quality.

And I attached a mesh bracelet that I got last year for my SOH...also nice one but I prefer rubber.

For the moment I did not mount the "original" black rubber and clasp as I have an issue with the clasp (extension sliding and a little part from the inner push-button came loose).

Enjoy the pics anyway, cheers

Theo

post-334-093410900 1276502960_thumb.jpg

post-334-090538900 1276502970_thumb.jpg

post-334-006399800 1276502980_thumb.jpg

post-334-058245300 1276502989_thumb.jpg

post-334-087910600 1276503000_thumb.jpg

Love it on the mesh!

How does it compare to say... A Panerai, or AP ROO with regards to size/wear?

Ubi,

the PloProf is a chunk of metal, no question. But it wears quite nice and similar to a PAM on bracelet. The ROO on bracelet looks a bit bigger although the dimensions of the watch are smaller with 42mm.

If you can pull-off a Skyland Avenger you can deffo wear this Omega.

For the mesh....my mesh bracelet is 3.8mm in thickness and I do have a socalled ARTUS mesh bracelet from a Jorg Schauer watch witch is 4.8mm in thickness. The size difference of these 2 is not that big, but the price difference of these bracelets was huge (80 USD vs. 520 USD) so that was the factor for going thinner!

I am thinking about sizing the OMEGA PLOPROF rubber down to my wrist....will have to cut major parts of it, so for now I decided to wait cause my PloProf clasp is falling apart anyway, my dealer told me to take care of that!

Cheers

Theo

Mesh looks brilliant :thumbsupsmileyanim:

About the Ploprof clasp construction - When you do size it down the inner part of the deploymant will push the slide release button and make the strap go loose.

Amazingly poor construction. I can't imagine the gen is constructed that way? :unsure:

Mesh makes this watch, mine is on gen mesh, love it

that looks awesome rocky! i've been considering purchasing the old style gen bracelet as well. tell me something ... does this bracelet taper from 24mm to 20mm? if so, could you put your rep clasp on it to get the latest gen look? thanks in advance.

that looks awesome rocky! i've been considering purchasing the old style gen bracelet as well. tell me something ... does this bracelet taper from 24mm to 20mm? if so, could you put your rep clasp on it to get the latest gen look? thanks in advance.

Hi Wheaton, thanks, yes it tapers.. ;)

DSCF3663.jpg

DSCF3668.jpg

DSCF3669.jpg

DSCF3670.jpg

But its a SHAME that the rep clasp sucks, it looses by itself (the micro adjustment), had to take it off..