When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A new improvement on the AP@12 movement ?

Yannou

Can anyone shoot our bro Francesco a PM to peek a boo??

K! Maybe before typing to much worthless i should simply do that...

Am 100% sure hes the one capable to shed some light to this issue!!

He did a complete teardown and review on the mech of the secs@12 movt.

Thanks for posting this!!!

George

Edited by Katerchen

Both my AP ROO have the center geared jeweled. As Franciso said, friction is not the issue. The makers should have really have reversed how they ran the seconds to 12 and minutes to 9. They should have had the minutes move through the center gear and not the seconds. Since the seconds run all the time, they really need to transfer through the least amount of gears as possible. :drinks:

• 3 weeks later...

anyone?

New AP's or AP's which have been out of stock have the new movement. Like the Silver Themes was not available 4 weeks ago, it comes now with the new movement. If the dealer has old stock, you get the old movement.

• 3 months later...

New AP's or AP's which have been out of stock have the new movement. Like the Silver Themes was not available 4 weeks ago, it comes now with the new movement. If the dealer has old stock, you get the old movement.

hi guys, I want to buy AP ROO either Panda or Safari or maybe Volcano, but still affraid with the sec @12 issue.

should I take the sec @ 9 to be safe or take the sec @ 12?

please advice, thanks

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys, I want to buy AP ROO either Panda or Safari or maybe Volcano, but still affraid with the sec @12 issue.

should I take the sec @ 9 to be safe or take the sec @ 12?

please advice, thanks

I've been trying to decide myself. Most of the threads talking about the movement issues with sec@12 version seem pretty old and I'm curious to know if the newer batches still have as many issues.

Also, I read through Francisco's thread and have been wondering how difficult would it be to have a local shop perform the mods needed to make the sec@12 movement reliable. Anyone have any suggestions?