When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally done with reshaping my 6152/1...

projectologist

I still need to cut the cg pin to the right length and finish the dial. Also need to decide which case back to go with. Lots of metal came off the sides, the top surface (from the bezel edge to the outer case edge). Especially needed to lower the top case edge over the lugs. Lug tips were originally too angled, so that was corrected.

I wanted to also polish it out, leaving plenty of minor dings and scratches visible upon close inspection. I also wanted to give the edges a slightly softer look, more in some areas than others... the bottom line was to keep any aging subtle.

CG was rebrushed and edges polished per gen.

NOS Tropic... more pics of that when the project is completed.

view03.jpg

view01.jpg

view02.jpg

view06.jpg

view05.jpg

view07.jpg

view04.jpg

Update... next pics show a little more fine-tuning of the non-CG side and where I need further refinement (correct contour outlined in red) on the CG side.

reshape01.jpg

view01a.jpg

Mate, the persperation in that shows the inspiration from the man with no name....:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Really looking forward to seeing the end product...Keep patient and keep at it mate....;)

Thank you Simon (and everyone else)... I appreciate the nice words.

Now the big question is, when are you going to take on Vintage era Panerai dials? Ross is no longer making them :(

There's an idea, Simon - you know how to manufacture them consistently, and you know you'd be more than welcome to my existing artwork and any new ideas ;)

There's an idea, Simon - you know how to manufacture them consistently, and you know you'd be more than welcome to my existing artwork and any new ideas ;)

Hi Ross - good to hear from you!!

I hope all's well and that you're still in the game!!

I never considered making vintage dials as they are not my main passion (skinny wrists)and people like yourself , Clint, Stefan , Gordon et al have already taken this segment of our hobby to the pinacle....I'd rather have your work thanks!!

Without your contributions, none of these dials or the Pre-V ones would have been possible so I hope you're not inteding to hang up the gloves just yet!

Also, check your post box over the next few days to freshen up that 201/A , 202/A and Pre-A 009 of yours ;)

Cheers

Simon

Also I do have a original Rolex Tropic 25 that I would like to trade for a Tropic 24.

Thanks,

Sam

I might consider a trade as long as it's the original NOS Tropic that came in a tube. They're a little thicker in the cross-section (same outer dimension) compared to the service version that comes in the packaging as seen in the attached pic.

These aren't quite as nice, but have unfortunately flooded the market.

tropics2425.jpg