When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Issues with delivery

unkul

Hi All

Looking for a bit of advice really. I recently purchased a franken UPO. The seller is based in France and I am in the UK. Comms have been good but the tracking number doesnt work on the colissimo website. My question is this, how long should i wait for the watch to arrive before getting worried and if the watch is indeed lost should the seller refund me and claim it back his end or will i have to wait for the claim to be complete to recieve my money back. There isnt any customs between France and the UK.

It has been 7 days since purchase. How long should something take to arrive from France? I sent something to Germany last Thursday and it has already got there :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

UNK

Not too sure on delivery times from France to the UK, but I know things get from the UK to there in a few days. Might be worth confirming the tracking number with the seller, as there could have been an entry error... Best of luck for a happy resolution :good:

Cheers TeeJay. Thats what i have already done. Hopefully its just a snag with the delivery.

Something else to consider, is that even if the tracking number is accurate, there might be issues with the website itself. Every time I try to log in to Cousins site to look for parts, it crashes every browser I have open, so never rule out an issue with the site itself :) Also worth bearing in mind, is how sloppy the UK postal service can be at times... :bangin::good:

FYI: Most sales post...the buyer assumes all shipping/customs risk after the seller ships the item with prof, not unless otherwise specifically agreed upon during the sale transaction.

Still not arrived and no comms. I have purchased a few watches off here and also sold a few with no real issues. This was my first big money purchase and i now have that sinking feeling. My pal Sixx is going through the same thing with the same seller. Karma is a [censored] people. Treat people how you would like to be treated is my motto and i wish/hope this is the same for most. The OP seemed genuine but the lack of comms are killing me. One more day and a PP dispute is started.

Point of this rant is this:

I thought (think) i am shrewd. Did basic checks, read older posts by seller, messaged him before purchase, checked for insurance etc and i still have been done (maybe).

Seems he is a scammer - Done a few guys over on RG. Any news on who he is or where he is would be well received. Havn't mentioned his name so far but in the interests of other i think i should. Mods delete if necessary.

BrianSW510

Any help???

If this is the same person who's been scamming people over the UPO and sent the box of bits to Sixx, then you might as well just go to paypal, because someone who can behave like this towards many people is not going to honor their obligations unless forced to do so. Normally paypal disputes against dealers are a nono, but this isn't a dealer, but a private person, and if this impacts their future on paypal, then that is what they deserve for trying to rip people off...

I just had a warning from RWI about this guy asking me if I had any dealings with him regardless of outcome to contact chief admin immeadiately.

As for track numbers there are a lot of reasons these may not show up, apart from scammers, sometimes some tracking numbers wont show up until you have recieved the item because all the service provides is confirmation of delivery, now I dont mean Signed for like we have. So in Royal mail it will say no info available at this time but item arrives and look it up after and it say item delivered on....

Sometimes as T says its the website or its their own system, Deutsche post are notorious for this but I guess it applies equally to other countries postal services.

So putting aside the individual circumstances I wouldnt worry to much if it didnt show up assuming the number has been passed over or copied down correctly.

Good luck mate

I read the thread started by sixx, and that is a terrible sort of transaction. The seller should be banned from every forum. Almost everything here is based on trust, as very few folks here actually know other members. In that I mean have met face to face and or have conducted several transactions with no problems. We rely on the honesty and integrity of fellow members to be post accurate and clear photos and descriptions, and to be willing and able to stand behind the deal should it take a turn for the worst.

You said your seller was in France,correct. Unless this seller moves around a lot, might not be the same person, as sixx's seller was from Canada I believe. Of course he (the seller) claimed to be traveling a lot out of the country, so maybe he's scamming on two continents!

What gets me is that he lurked around and acts like a interested party. Gets involved and talks about builds etc. I really don't know how you would spot someone like this. Post count and posts are similar to me. Any French members had any dealings with him or anyone sold him anything.