When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Unboxing of the new Cartier Santos100XL

unregistered

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks awesome, Unreg! I envy you.

Judging by your pics, it seems to me that the Rep's crown is a bit different in shape. The Gen's crown seems to be of "2 layers" whereas the Rep's crown is domed.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Sorry, EM already mentioned it!

Edited by danphong

Hey unreg - is the dial indices/numerals raised and glossy? Or is it more flat and matt black? How would you describe the dial color? The gen is made from silver opaline with some luminescent property.

hmm...need to go back home and check the dial. I honestly can't remember, but don't think its was flat as in in-line with the dial. The dial does shimmer slightly, not luminescent as in "glow-in-the-dark" sort though.

It looks awesome, Unreg! I envy you.

Judging by your pics, it seems to me that the Rep's crown is a bit different in shape. The Gen's crown seems to be of "2 layers" whereas the Rep's crown is domed.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Sorry, EM already mentioned it!

I think the cabochon is slightly off tilt but other than that, the crown itself is fairly close to the gen.

I struggle with the internal line of the CG. It's the same issue with the BR03 series. The line just isn't as sharp and straight as the gen.

This tiny thing makes me nuts. I love the Santos though and may buy this rep anyway.

Not too sure what you're referring to. But there are minor differences in the gens I've seen, not all have the sharp S-shape outer curve. Or are you referring to another area?

hmm...need to go back home and check the dial. I honestly can't remember, but don't think its was flat as in in-line with the dial. The dial does shimmer slightly, not luminescent as in "glow-in-the-dark" sort though.

If you can check when you get home, that would be great. I am getting lots of conflicting reports from members as to what it should be.

I will drop by my AD this week to check out the gen Santos 100XL dial/lume indices/numerals and see if it matches yours or what I think it should be. Hopefully it does matches the dial/lume indices/numerals on your rep Santos.

Not too sure what you're referring to. But there are minor differences in the gens I've seen, not all have the sharp S-shape outer curve. Or are you referring to another area?

Look at the gen on top of rep pic on page one. The inside line on the CGs are sharp and dead straight in relation to the crown. The rep has softer corners and the lines aren't parallel. They sort of project away from the crown. It's exactly the same issue with the BR03. This is why I switched to gens. I won't mod and I can't stop looking at this tiny detail.

what's with you and gold these days?? :whistling:

Umm.. Gettin (g)old? :lol:

I'm also waiting on the tt version. I have been told it's coming in the next couple of weeks. Josh has just posted another version of this watch on his website so its definitely coming!

Sounds great! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I struggle with the internal line of the CG. It's the same issue with the BR03 series. The line just isn't as sharp and straight as the gen.

This tiny thing makes me nuts. I love the Santos though and may buy this rep anyway.

You had to say it. Arrgghhh.... :black_eye:

If you can check when you get home, that would be great. I am getting lots of conflicting reports from members as to what it should be.

I will drop by my AD this week to check out the gen Santos 100XL dial/lume indices/numerals and see if it matches yours or what I think it should be. Hopefully it does matches the dial/lume indices/numerals on your rep Santos.

The numbers are glossy and mildly raised. I mean a hairs' width raised.

Look at the gen on top of rep pic on page one. The inside line on the CGs are sharp and dead straight in relation to the crown. The rep has softer corners and the lines aren't parallel. They sort of project away from the crown. It's exactly the same issue with the BR03. This is why I switched to gens. I won't mod and I can't stop looking at this tiny detail.

hmmm...the rep game really aint for you. Glad you are enjoying your gens.

The numbers are glossy and mildly raised. I mean a hairs' width raised.

Unreg - thanks. I am trying to drop by the AD tomorrow to check out the gen Santos XL they have on display. Will report back on what I see on the gen dial vs this one.

Unreg - thanks. I am trying to drop by the AD tomorrow to check out the gen Santos XL they have on display. Will report back on what I see on the gen dial vs this one.

Main difference I've found is the bevelling on the edge of the sapphire is thinner and clearer on the gen. For the dial, it may be a shade lighter but in terms of sparkle similar however this is heavily dependent on the ambient lighting so its quite subjective. Never noticed the numbers so do report back R2.