When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My next Breitling?

By-Tor

You've got your Aeromarine Skyland, rep Navi's aren't good enough (what about a Legende or Datora?)

How about Montbrillant Legende? Is the bracelet brushed? I can't figure it out from the photo.

If it is, it might be a great option. The rep is very good... best Navi rep probably?

Edit: Looks like it's polished. Shame.

20100526201106_68.JPG

I'm leaning towards B01 black Roman numerals again. Yeah I'm crazy but that watch is just "different". Maybe I need something blingy in my collection. And I don't trust the seconds at '3 (unless someone in EU offers me a good, QC'd one). Otherwise Blackbird would be a no-brainer... it's a great looking watch.

Your alter ego here. Completely understanding the lifetime theme. I want accuracy and ability for the rep to outlive me, which means the movement and subdial layout are very important.

The B01 is growing on me. I also feel it can be versatile, with leather, or rubber strap options. Its hot off the press, new designs tend to take a little time to grow on me, but I think this one may stand the test of time. Don't like it? Dump it on a nice RWG lad and move on.

Chronomat_B01_Dial_1500.jpg

breitling-chronomat-b01-1.jpg

Imagine me with a black face

26206.jpg

Really, we both know it's time for you to step up to the Day/Date plate. :whistling:

Just for you BT...

IMG_4144.jpg

CL4.jpg

IMG_3800-Copy.jpg

Hehe... I've had many Day-Dates my friend.

Also a TAG. But I stepped "down" to the date-only version. :D

1-14.jpg

Unless someone in EU offers me a QC's Blackbird with centered pearl in EU really quick, I'm going to order the B01 black Roman numerals version.

Two gen shots. How can you not like this one?

dsc098841.jpg

dsc099051.jpg

Not sure if it's worth to pay $50 extra for the "Ultimate" version is "supposedly 316 steel" though. I'm a bit skeptical about that.

That black roman is what tipped the scales in favor of the B01 for me when you originally posted it. Exactly what i'd order as well. I know, Surprise, surprise.

Rub it in, aquaman. You still need a Carrera Day/Date 43mm. I'm just sayin. ;)

I agree about the pearl. It was weird at first for sure. I also disliked the SELs... or actually lack of them. How the bracelet attachs to the case looked stupid (leaving the gap, etc.) New Bentley has a similar system. But then again, when you have lots of watches why not get something a bit different?

@Importr: Great 'Racer! Is that a recent purchase?

Edit: I just sent a payment for Ultimate version of B01 Black, Roman numerals. Thanks for all the help guys. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yeah I'm looking forward to photographing it. Must be quite a challenge. This will take 2 weeks or so... PT must first order it to EU.

I almost ordered a Blackbird but Precious Time said that he wouldn't trust the movement. His customers have had many problems with the date. That sealead the B01 deal. Let's see how I like it. :)

I guess I won't be getting the new PO then. But then again, I've had enough of PO's and I have enough divers (Sub and Fish).

:1a: Good on ya, BT - i don't think you'll be disappointed, as long as you like the bling :lol:

(yes the 'Racer is about 2 weeks old - i got it to use as a reliable, waterproof daily beater - and it's been great. Sporty looking but with the right amount of polished highlights)

Back to the B01 rep:

I now think that the single colour dial is more subtle (and classier) than the Onyx Black with silver subs. See mine below...

4813260632_8ed1321ecf_b.jpg

4812634387_b627b00ff4_b.jpg

4812631517_38c72c8c4a_b.jpg

4813249856_31fdd87b15_b.jpg

Great shots!

Hey mate, you don't know how close I was to buy it from you (when you put it for sale). Actually I was going to grab it but in the morning it was already gone. :D

But yeah, I actually prefer the Roman dial. I'll get the "ultimate" version. PT says the steel is really brighter... I'm a bit skeptical about that but that's what's it's going to be.

Back to the B01 rep:

I now think that the single colour dial is more subtle (and classier) than the Onyx Black with silver subs. See mine below...

4813260632_8ed1321ecf_b.jpg

heyyyyy - i actually like the balance of the white rehaut ring and the subdials...this piece is very well-balanced...but i'm still not sold on the blobby pearl, star wars bezel and the sunken dw...i could probably live with the bezel, but the others would bother me...definitely blingy, too...would look better in a brushed setup like the orig Blackbird...but still those items i mentioned are still tough to get past...

@BT - i do find the roman numeral dial different and cool...but stillllll - for me i'm having a hard time getting past those design elements...congrats on the purchase!...as always, can't wait to see your review...i like importr's rubber on his B01...adds a sporty flair to it and tones down the "modernist" styling...

R-

@BT - i do find the roman numeral dial different and cool...but stillllll - for me i'm having a hard time getting past those design elements...congrats on the purchase!...as always, can't wait to see your review...i like importr's rubber on his B01...adds a sporty flair to it and tones down the "modernist" styling...

R-

I hear you man. It's very "love or hate" watch for most.

I disliked it when it came out. But it's adventurous enough to deserve a shot. The rep is very good.

I might not like it long term, either. But if that's the case it goes to the trading section. There... problem solved. :D

That's why reps are so cool. A few hundred bucks for a working adult is NOTHING. It's different to "try if you like it game" with the gen (which costs $7K btw).

Great shots!

Hey mate, you don't know how close I was to buy it from you (when you put it for sale). Actually I was going to grab it but in the morning it was already gone. :D

But yeah, I actually prefer the Roman dial. I'll get the "ultimate" version. PT says the steel is really brighter... I'm a bit skeptical about that but that's what's it's going to be.

LOL! Now why didnt you say something! I took it off sale because it was too nice to let go. A bit like that Skyland - but obviously I gave in with that one. ;)

Hey if you want to swap Romans for Batons for a period, let me know. haha BTW.....do you really need brighter steel on that?!!!

@HackR: yeah i had to tone down the bling on mine, maybe a gen calf or croc would've looked better...i'll experiment with it sometime. I think the blingy bracelet suits the Roman dial better....since its dressier already?

I still haven't forced myself to love the bezel, but i do like the other details. The BCE is still my favourite Chronomat - traditional and sturdy looking. Attributes that don't come across with the B01.

As for the sunken date...as seen already, the DW can be raised. IMO, this would take the B01 to quite a high level of rep Breitling awesomeness!

LOL! Now why didnt you say something! I took it off sale because it was too nice to let go. A bit like that Skyland - but obviously I gave in with that one. ;)

Hey if you want to swap Romans for Batons for a period, let me know. haha BTW.....do you really need brighter steel on that?!!!

Damn... I thought you sold it. :D

To be honest, I'm very skeptical about the whole "brighter steel" claim.

The BCE is still my favourite Chronomat - traditional and sturdy looking. Attributes that don't come across with the B01.

As for the sunken date...as seen already, the DW can be raised. IMO, this would take the B01 to quite a high level of rep Breitling awesomeness!

I have a big issue with the BCE lume tabs on reps. People say v2 was the best but when I've looked at the dials I gotta say they're nothing great. Those tabs are very big and noticeable. Best rep BCE option would be the ones with Arabic/Roman numerals, imho. I saw the gen in the flesh just a while ago and the tabs were amazingly smooth. Rep tabs aren't even close.

B01 is a great rep... the more I compare it to the gen, the more I appreciate the forgery. That was the main reason I chose it. But only the black versions are good. The other dial colors seem to be off... those blue dials look NOTHING like the gen.