When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Decent 5512 rep

docdoc

Yuki offers 1, but it sounds like the lume glows, which is wrong for a 40+ year old tritium dial

_DSC0111.jpg

Alternatively, you could have their yellow marker version of the 5512 relumed with non-glowing paint

_DSC0011.jpg

Also, try NDt

These (& most aftermarket dials) are made to fit gen cases & those made to gen dimensions, so they may not fit standard rep cases. You would need to check this with the dial/case sellers.

The only thing I would add is you could always do the MBW 5512- decent white no lume dial and maybe Narikaa could source it for you on one of his trips to the east. It would be cool if you could get a 2846-2 motor in there also. Of course, then the mods begin, bezel insert, trim the cg's, drill the lugholes, gen crown and tube, gen T-19, and maybe a better bracelet depending on what you get with the watch- shame they can't put the good 93150 w/ 580 end pieces on there to begin with.

I had a decent one long ago. It was nice, old MBW bought from George, fully modded with gen parts, etc.

Here's a pic of it that I took while having lunch with one of our more well-known members a couple summers ago across from the "falls" in Brooklyn. I've since sold it (if i recall correctly it should be in beautiful Hawaii right now) ;)

Good luck with your search, maybe you can find an old MBW, or, I still have a gen 5512 dial if yourself or anyone else might be seriously interested.

Cheers,

JJ

IMG_1939.jpg

I didn't really try the gen crown on the rep tube. The rep tubes are generally pretty poor quality, I think they are swagged while the Cousins tubes are machined.

With the 5513 case the tube hole did not need drilling and tapping, it just needed countersinking. Unlike the MBW 1665 which needed drilling and re-tapping. They seam to vary a bit.

• 2 weeks later...