When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner WM9 BK V3

Guest Sql_pl

Mind you, the differences in font is very subtle and I've picked it up after owning a v2 after about 2 months.

The A in wm9 dials are pointy vs flat in gens (for Z series anyways), that's one of the difference that you can only pick up without a loupe. WM9 is clearly trying to replicate a Z series case or later, judging by the "wokkiness" of the rehaut. In gen F series or earlier, you can sort of tell that it's more wokky than Z. So with those two pieces of information, it's a rep, a darn good one.

Of course, with a loupe, there are a lot more differences..but yea, not recommended if you're obsessed with it.

Fooled me! I thought it was a gen. Of course the insert is gen, cg's look excellent, crown is wide, dial is fine...

If I didn't own so many other subs, I'd get a WM9!

But the only sub I really yearn for at this point is the R serial 16610- gen of course.

Guest Sql_pl

Thanks for your kind words guys! Unfortunately it is not a gen Sub... my budget already got a little stretched with a gen Daytona purchase from last week :)

It is a pleasure to find out this watch here could almost fool our resident experts!

It is a V3 WM9/BK creation with some gen goodies - gen bezel insert, crystal and crown.

I feel it is really close, with worst part being SEL fit but I feel it is a serious issue for us over here, not many people can really spot such thing in real life.

Was thinking about getting gen bracelet for it but people say it does not necessarily make it better as the fit may be due to case, not rep SELs, so I guess I will leave it like that and enjoy it.

Try to get v1 SELs, they fit almost perfectly to WM9. At least they were a perfect fit for mine. Correct recess, 99% correct fit.

2-1.jpg

WM9 Sub is so good that it's unrealistic to think that it could possibly get any better. I will get a gen insert installed for mine soon.

Congrats for this fine piece. :)

Guest Sql_pl

Yes they are great! Great replications. I am still not sure if I really like the Sub style itself but I may warm to it.

Here is one from yesterday's wedding that I have attended:

39181830.jpg

• 3 months later...