When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best jeans

FDG

The best jeans brand?  

470 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best Jeans Brand

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Happy to see Levi's holding it down.  I've spent 100-200$ on jeans... and the simple 40-50$ levi's (501s preferred here, or bootcut models since I am a cowboy) have outshined everything... in terms of design and durability.   What else would you expect from the first American jeans company wrought from the needs of soldiers during the civil war?

OK, I will chime in.

I started some Dry Denim projects mid last year, here are the contestants:

1) Big John (14 oz "Gunjo" dark indigo, red selfedge), oldest japanese denim company from 1940 (size 34/34)

2) Edwin (14.5 oz "Nashville" dark indigo, red selfedge), japanese denim but made in Europe (size 34/36)

3) Levi´s (11 oz 501 STF ... shrink to fit), a light jeans, good for summer, love them when still dry and starked, shrinked heavily in length (size 35/38)

4) Edwin (14.5 oz "Sivletto" LE, red selfedge) japanese denim but made in Europe (size 34/36) .... never worn though, only soaked.

5) Denham (14 oz "Skinny", red selfedge) japanese raw denim, sanforised

6) Edwin (14.5 oz "ED-55", red selfedge) .... ordered and on the way to me.

The best of these above is the Big John so far, the most expensive but worth every cent. It starts to develop nice fades, especially the whiskers (front) and the honeycombs (back knee) are promissing.

The Nashville is a bit loose but as the indigo is really dark, you see the fading now coming out while only soaked once after a 6 months wear.

Will post some pics if I get the time,

cheers

Dr.Theo

• 4 weeks later...

I may just be showing my fairly mundane taste in jeans however I tend to stick with good old M&S* "old man" jeans....and chinos.

*M&S - British high street retailer; Marks & Spencer

Opps just noticed you posted back in May. My initial order came up short on fabric so I'm trying again -maybe Aug.  Thanks for the feedback.

S, I backed a pair on the day the website went live; April 1st. The denim is called the Greenback. I received them at the end of June. I love them. The fit and quality are superb.

• 3 months later...

So nobody here wears normal Levi's... The working man's jeans smile.gif Not all this fashion crap..

Yup...I do.

Levis 501 and 505 for fit...and 550 for comfort....with a few pairs of Tommy H too

And vintage Girbaud is by far my  favorite for fit and durability.

(not the latest saggy. baggy, fireman lookin' versions out there.)

I think gustin has the most bang for the buck.

They have a few interesting jeans on sale now

Loomstate jeans - It’s fabric right off the loom with absolutely zero treatment. It’s unwashed, unsinged, unskewed and unsanforized. Pure denim. 

Cona fire fire - Which is cone mill dead old stock made from long staple cotton

Edited by HartDoc

Having owned and tried jeans across the price spectrum, I'm going to undoubtedly say that Diesel are the best.

They just fit incredibly well, awesome quality and of course look lovely. They've also been consistently 'in fashion' in my opinion for the last few years at least.

I'd guess it's not for everyone though - I've got large legs and a small waist - for me they're perfect.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Fabian

maybe you can have a try in this site: www.crestbuy.se

i bought two times there , the only thing i complained is the shipping price which is a little expensive . 

anyway , it is a good site and good quality , but all are replics .  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

JACOB COHEN ,

Anybody who tried them knows :  best fit , best materials , best overall finishing quality .

(the 622 model is my favourite)

Their chinos are also in a class of their own .

(i buy them in italy . they have a company store next to the factory where they have a lot of stock of all models and best of all : prices at about 50 - 60 % discount on retail prices .)