When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who has seen the movie Inception?

vlydog

Great movie.

The first hour or so I didn't like it at all, too much Matrix copy.

After the movie i was lyrical, so much deeper than the first hour impression.

The basic plot would have been perfect for the Matrix 2 & 3, instead of their shallow story.

Nothing to add concerning watches.

I did notice the tag on Leo (obviously.. what else would he be wearing.. since they pay him the big bucks to put it on his wrist...)

I also noticed that it was the first movie to use a Hyundai Genesis in it's car chase scene. pretty cool car. Anyone here on the forum have one???

I also noticed that it was the first movie to use a Hyundai Genesis in it's car chase scene. pretty cool car. Anyone here on the forum have one???

I don't have one, but I want one. Test drove both the 3.8 and the 4.6 and I have to say the V8 4.6 was a monster! Very smooth & quick acceleration. Amazing braking power for such a big car too. And the sound system is un-real!! It's the same Lexicon based system used in the Rolls Royce Phantom with HD Radio, Sat Radio, USB & iPod connectivity. Very very impressive sound for sure! Amazing car for the money and definitely puts the BMW iDrive system to shame. The central controller is far more intuitive than BMW's IMO.

As for Inception, I thought it was an amazing movie. I definitely need to go see it again soon. :D

Some guys on WUS nailed the watches down a little while back (at least, the ones featured in the macro shots): Cal.5 Carrera for Leo (of course), an Oris BC3 Day/Date, and an Issey Miyake Trapezoid.

Good movie, but some people are overthinking the plot. It's really just a ripoff hybrid of The Thirteenth Floor and Total Recall, don'tcha know? :crazy:

plaifender: Hyundais have been pretty prominent in several big TV shows in the US. Jack Bauer's been spotted in both a Genesis sedan and coupe, while Fiona in Burn Notice switched from a Saab to a Genesis coupe this season.

Great movie, I don't think a film has got so many talking about it for quite some time. Perhaps avatar and titanic but Inception seemed to stay in my head for quite a while. Didn't notice JGL's IWC was to busy watching him fly through the hotel.

I thought I was seeing things with the Hyundai great product placement for sure. I'm not I will see it again though not sure it will have the same impact 2nd time round.Chris Nolan is a consistently good director dude must have issues though with his themes of guilt and regret. Be interesting what he comes up with next

Must have been tough for Leo to step down to a Tag. He collects six figure JLCs. He has stated their watches are a passion of his.

No kidding. He can't even bring himself to wear the watches in the ads:

976094626_Bjhzz-X3.jpg

"I'll hold them... but I'm not gonna be happy about it. <Grumble>"