When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

more work on my 1680, drew blood

what2

got a gen crown for my 1680, amazing how easy that was to put on. Of course as is my custom I only attempt watch work when i am drinking single malt, which led to me taking it all apart and putting it back together with the rep crown back on, luckily I noticed my error before the locktite set. I even made sure that the stem was in the correct position before removing it.

Then I started thinking that while the bracelet that came with it was nice.... a 1680 should really be on a folded link.. the good/bad news was that I had one of the new folded link rep bracelets from a explorer 2 mcqueen that had met an unfortunate death at the hands of my watch tools; should be easy right?

DSC_1023.jpg

Changing the clasp was a nightmare, drew blood twice

DSC_1024.jpg

For all the talk of how cheaply made reps are; I am guessing that the one piece made to military/nasa specs is the folded link holding the clasp to the bracelet. Luckily I was able to resist the urge to take a saw to it, and after a while and much blood and swearing got it off. Anyway I am happy with the results and I will never try it again.

DSC_1022.jpg

My bracelet needed just a bit of work to get the 2mm spring bars in by the way

hahaha i know the exact link you are talking about.. I also stabbed myself a few times swapping the clasp on my 9315 yesterday. That link is a nightmare. I ended up destroying it and had to replace it.

Its made out of some crazy tough unbendable steel lol.

The folded bracelet sure looks good. I used to hate those bracelets but now i absolutely LOVE them!

nice work

dizz