When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A fun incident

Broker1981

Hi!

I had a somewhat drunk and very obnoxious guest in the restaurant tonight. I did my usual round to talk to the customers, and when i passed this guy he grabbed my hand and shouted that my watch was fake. Luckily i had my wits about me, and told him that he was free to inspect it and that it was every bit as genuine as the love his wife felt for him.

He had to admit that the watch was gen because as he said "everybody knows that the fake rolexs tick..."

After having seen his wife's reaction and general demeanor towards him, i am certain that my statement was 100 % accurate. The Rolex Daytona RG i bought from Josh is every bit as genuine as the love she felt for him... :p

"Grabbed your arm and shouted that your watch is a fake"?

Amazing... how can anyone be such a peon?

I really dislike violence but there are certain type of people who actually deserve to be beat up. I'm sure someone takes care of that guy and his loud mouth eventually... in the taxi queue for example. :D

I really dislike violence but there are certain type of people who actually deserve to be beat up. I'm sure someone takes care of that guy and his loud mouth eventually... in the taxi queue for example. :D

+1

Someone like that deserves a good beating.

Kudos for handling the incident like a pro :victory:

Hi!

I had a somewhat drunk and very obnoxious guest in the restaurant tonight. I did my usual round to talk to the customers, and when i passed this guy he grabbed my hand and shouted that my watch was fake. Luckily i had my wits about me, and told him that he was free to inspect it and that it was every bit as genuine as the love his wife felt for him.

He had to admit that the watch was gen because as he said "everybody knows that the fake rolexs tick..."

After having seen his wife's reaction and general demeanor towards him, i am certain that my statement was 100 % accurate. The Rolex Daytona RG i bought from Josh is every bit as genuine as the love she felt for him... :p

You should be commended for the way you handled yourself, I would have politely asked his wife to turn away while I introduced him to some of the skills I acquired while watching Bas Rutten' instructional Videos on YouTube ;o)

Kidding, you did very well, great story ;o)

It should be mentioned that the guest most probably had a really bad morning after. To make sure that there was no bad feelings i comped a dessert for the two of them. His portion had an extra helping of with sorbitol which in such amounts makes for a rather violent diahorrea.... :bicycle: :bicycle:

It should be mentioned that the guest most probably had a really bad morning after. To make sure that there was no bad feelings i comped a dessert for the two of them. His portion had an extra helping of with sorbitol which in such amounts makes for a rather violent diahorrea.... :bicycle: :bicycle:

Very niiice ;o)

Wow. If someone grabbed my wrist out of the blue like that, my other hand would have gone around his neck! You handled the situation most excellent. :good:

Two questions, if you are cool with them; what watch were you wearing and just curious about your age? (Just testing a theory on how watch + age plays into call-outs). -Thanks

First of all i haveno uber-mass like BT, dispite knowing what trick hurts like LH, wich actually helped me during some adrenaline type of situations (with special thanks to my buddy who serves the army whi teach me these simple tricks)

however i do agree. Some folks just deserve to be beat up. Total disrespect is not to be accepted. Karma will balance things out in the end...

Wow. If someone grabbed my wrist out of the blue like that, my other hand would have gone around his neck! You handled the situation most excellent. :good:

Two questions, if you are cool with them; what watch were you wearing and just curious about your age? (Just testing a theory on how watch + age plays into call-outs). -Thanks

I am 36 years old, and the patron chef of a restaurant in the second largest city in Norway called Bergen. We are the most reputable a la carte restaurant in Bergen.

I was wearing a Rolex Daytona Everrose full gold watch. I originally bought it to wear to a pimp & hoe party, but it has really grown on me, and nobody really doubts it being genuine.

The guy was drunk, frustrated, and looking for a fight. I got a call from his wife today apologizing. She explained that he had been wanting a watch like mine for the longest time, but it was still out of his price range. Which is funny because he's a business executive, and i'm a mere chef... :p

First of all i haveno uber-mass like BT, dispite knowing what trick hurts like LH, wich actually helped me during some adrenaline type of situations (with special thanks to my buddy who serves the army whi teach me these simple tricks)

however i do agree. Some folks just deserve to be beat up. Total disrespect is not to be accepted. Karma will balance things out in the end...

Well, karma kept him sitting on the toilet with violent diahorrea for hours today....

I am 36 years old, and the patron chef of a restaurant in the second largest city in Norway called Bergen. We are the most reputable a la carte restaurant in Bergen.

I was wearing a Rolex Daytona Everrose full gold watch. I originally bought it to wear to a pimp & hoe party, but it has really grown on me, and nobody really doubts it being genuine.

The guy was drunk, frustrated, and looking for a fight. I got a call from his wife today apologizing. She explained that he had been wanting a watch like mine for the longest time, but it was still out of his price range. Which is funny because he's a business executive, and i'm a mere chef... :p

Excellent. I know of many successful chefs that sport high-end watches, so yeah the guy was probably just jealous.