When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tighten. Your. Screws.

Jkay

So I received a new watch yesterday, and as is my normal routine, after I adjusted the bracelet to fit, I checked every screw in the links for tightness. No problem.

Tonight, when I was in the kitchen, I dropped some stuff into the garbage compactor and ... felt something odd .. my new watch slithered across the back of my hand and into the garbage. :blowup:

Luckily, the screw which had fallen out was resting nicely on top of a piece of paper. I had completely not noticed that the end links were held onto the watch head with ... ready? ... SCREWS.

If you think you tightened them all .. check again. Tighten them ;)

ps - half of the caseback screws were loose too.

Must be "loose a screw" week!! :thumbdown:

I too lost a screw from my Cartier Pasha yesterday. The large screw that holds the end link pivot pin to the watch head is now gone. I know I lost it at work, but I can't find it anywhere.

So I'll take this opportunity to ask if anyone has one. I already posted a request for the pin and also a bracelet elsewhere, but this is a good place too.

I lost the entire bezel assembly off of my OEM 1675 on a dancefloor in the mid-late 90s. Took me years to find the assembly parts again. This is before the days of eBay and the boom of aftermarket parts.

I've lost screws from my AP Survivor. 2 in one day disappeared from the bezel. Took me 3 weeks to get replacement screws... And now I hear that there are no more replacement screws available. I got lucky in the end. Anyone with a Survivor, or any other ROO, please check the bezel screws to see if the interior nut/bolt is on the correct way. If you screw the nut on the wrong way, it will not hold! Every ROO I have (over 6 of them), had at least one nut/bolt on the wrong way! Check them before it's too late :bicycle:

Good advice! You know what else just happened to me? I switched the bracelet for a strap on my Seawolf. Two seconds later, the thing popped off my wrist and luckily ( I don't know how!) I caught it before it hit the ground! Check and make sure your pins are actually in the holes if you switch out bracelets -- especially on the Breits. They can be a bit of a bear!

I am getting a new Rolex Submariner and a new AP ROO Montoya.

Could somebody please tell me what tools i need, and where to get them?

One of the trusted merchants here is a parts/tools store. Watch Bitz gives good discounts to RWG members, and they sell a very comprehensive basic toolkit in a zipper pouch.

Click this