When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTF 7K Euros for a Rep ?

Star69

there is a - really nice - but still

replica for sale at Repgeek ... for 7000 Euros :black_eye: ... this is by far the most expensive Rep i ever seen :rolleyes:

do they really go so high these days ?

anybody offers more ?

please show me your 2K+ Replicas .... :clapping:

cheers,

Frank

Not sure about your particular example, but I've seen some dealers charging truly astronomic amounts for what are claimed to be 'solid gold' cases. If someone has found a Gen movement, Gen dial, Gen Hands etc, I could see it running up to a grand. Some reps are reaching 1-1.5k in the sales thread here...but 7k? Hmmmmm...

Non alarm Angelus movements have sold well in excess of 5k on ebay, there is underlying value in that. the rest of the watch is totally custom handmade by VDB and there is nothing that comes close to the accuracy and quality of his builds. Whether that is worth it is up to the purchaser.

I for one think the watch is awesome, but will hold on to my hard earned and would think that 7k would rather see a nice gen (if i had nothing better to spend on) personally.

How much is the gen version ffs!?

Last auction that was held sometime last year I heard it went for well over $100K. And then there's the actual availability which is close to none these days, as most of their current owners are guarding their prized possessions well ;-)

Well executed vintage Pam reps with non-alarm Angelus are quite expensive, primarily due to scarcity and attractiveness of the movement itself. I can't say I'm surprised about the 7K Euro price tag for the one in question.

Last auction that was held sometime last year I heard it went for well over $100K. And then there's the actual availability which is close to none these days, as most of their current owners are guarding their prized possessions well ;-)

Well executed vintage Pam reps with non-alarm Angelus are quite expensive, primarily due to scarcity and attractiveness of the movement itself. I can't say I'm surprised about the 7K Euro price tag for the one in question.

I'll have to eat my words, that falls well under the '10% of a Gen' price! :o) That's actually pretty good value at 7k Euros! :)

I suppose everyone needs to make up their own minds on this but I will say that anyone who spends 7K on a rep has some serious disposable income.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what has been done to it the watch is still fake and if that is ever discovered there's really no point in saying "But it has a non alarm Angelus movement in it".

Ken

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what has been done to it the watch is still fake and if that is ever discovered there's really no point in saying "But it has a non alarm Angelus movement in it".

Mate, you're going to have to drop that avatar first, then we'll talk vintage Panerai stuff :D LOL!

Seriously though, the watch in question and the likes has long past its 'rep' designation. True, it is a rep by its origin but to those serious vintage Panerai collectors and aficionados is so much more. In lieu of a genuine Panerai from the second WW era which are pushing well over $100K these days (if you're lucky to come across one on auction or sale, that is) this is as close the original Panerai DNA as those guys will ever get, and they don't even mind ending up with a hommage either.

These watches transcend into a different fora and are more fitting the genuine/hommage collectors crowd than rep forums, IMO. The particular movement mentioned above is so scarce today it's close to impossible to find one in good working order and yes, the mov't itself commands prices upwards of $4K.

Take that watch for example, replace the dial with the one without the text (Guille from Paneristi has done a similar project, BTW), ring Volker/Guille/Ralf and co from 'risti and believe me they will be all over it in no time.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's OK to dish out so much money on a rep or a hommage, but there's a whole different world of Vintage Panerai lovers out there that some 2 years ago wouldn't even blink before reaching for their credit cards for one of those watches. ;)

cheers!

b

Mate, you're going to have to drop that avatar first, then we'll talk vintage Panerai stuff :D LOL!

Seriously though, the watch in question and the likes has long past its 'rep' designation. True, it is a rep by its origin but to those serious vintage Panerai collectors and aficionados is so much more. In lieu of a genuine Panerai from the second WW era which are pushing well over $100K these days (if you're lucky to come across one on auction or sale, that is) this is as close the original Panerai DNA as those guys will ever get, and they don't even mind ending up with a hommage either.

These watches transcend into a different fora and are more fitting the genuine/hommage collectors crowd than rep forums, IMO. The particular movement mentioned above is so scarce today it's close to impossible to find one in good working order and yes, the mov't itself commands prices upwards of $4K.

Take that watch for example, replace the dial with the one without the text (Guille from Paneristi has done a similar project, BTW), ring Volker/Guille/Ralf and co from 'risti and believe me they will be all over it in no time.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's OK to dish out so much money on a rep or a hommage, but there's a whole different world of Vintage Panerai lovers out there that some 2 years ago wouldn't even blink before reaching for their credit cards for one of those watches. ;)

cheers!

b

the price of the gen version reflects the DNA - the history of the watch -

still too crazy imho today - 10 years ago they were like 10k ?

this example was build without any Panerai-DNA - worth the material costs only imho -

wich leaves the movement ;)

sorry - i dont like the case at all - but thats just me. :)

on the other hand i remember Guille recently posted his watch on Paneriti with an fake dial and wrong crown -

at least the dial does not belong in his watch -

i was kind of surpristed this watch was not called out :) - i think if its a vintage and has the right movement,

the replica - or "homage" is accepted in the gen world = crazy prices on the movements on ebay ..

cheers,

Frank

I have been going back and forth to that sales thread in question. Very beautfiul watch. But I won't fork out the money for that watch. For that amount of money, I would rather buy a 16520 and give it to my children as an investment. The rep can only be sold in the forums. At the end of the day, a rep is still a rep. The average joe wil not appreciate it. The high-end gen collectors will notice it as a rep as they will bring out their loupes and examine the whole thing.