When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Little cheap thing we call car DVR...

upland

August 30, about 2:12 PM ,Pacific Coast Highway in Redondo Beach CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr25FDtbc-g

So, folks, it is VERY good idea to get this little DVR , you never know..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vehicle-Car-Camera-DVR-Video-A-V-Recorder-Night-Vision-/280473858635?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item414d8b724b

( BTW, everybody involved in accident relatively fine :black_eye: , however, my car is totaled, but my BP 5002 survived :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

Wow, glad that didn't end up worse. Very scary to see folk driving like that.

Nifty little device too.

Should that car that was causing the obstruction really have been stopped right out in the middle of the intersection like that?

If you're not from the states, this is a very common albeit in my opinion, unsafe, norm across america. Traditionally in a typical 4 way stop, since lights often change so fast, you're almost required to wait out in the middle of the intersection when making a left turn at a 4-way stop(unless you have dedicated light giving you right of way.

This gave both Upland and the at-fault driver a significant blind spot. After having lived in europe for the last 5 years I can tell you that this kind of thing is almost impossible here in spain. Number one, because almost all intersections are roundabouts or "round-abouted" intersections. Almost never in spain will you make a left turn with oncoming traffic also sharing a green light with you. It's illegal in spain to even make a right turn on red at an intersection.

Glad you walked away unscathed! :)

First off, glad to hear that there was no personal injuries. :)

Is it just me or is the at-fault vehicle making a left from the wrong lane?

To me it looks like there is a relief lane it should have changed to first. If i am right, and this car had done so, then the mini-van wouldn't have been an obstacle.

If i am wrong, then please don't argue. Just look at the attached picture and giggle at the cuddly bunny! :)

post-20754-078573100 1283793829.jpg

Glad to hear you are alright. But why did you have the camera in the car in the 1st place?

Friend of mine in January 2010 got involved in almost the same accident( two broken legs). No camera, no witnesses ,no proof,two insurance companies fighting, nobody wants to admit liability.. Plus,some insurance companies started to provide 5-7% discount of premium for installation "traffic cameras".

My video was 6-7 hours long. Every morning i am pushing rec button.. 8G memory card,loop mode. The same reason cops,truckers,cabbies dooing this. 60.00 dollars camera can safe you a lot of money.

P.S. Plaifender right, US Vechicie Code ( or CA VC) should be changed a little.

First off, glad to hear that there was no personal injuries. :)

Is it just me or is the at-fault vehicle making a left from the wrong lane?

To me it looks like there is a relief lane it should have changed to first. If i am right, and this car had done so, then the mini-van wouldn't have been an obstacle.

If i am wrong, then please don't argue. Just look at the attached picture and giggle at the cuddly bunny! :)

You right. Plus, when i "jumped" from my car through right door(left door was deformed and blocked), the driver lady.. she was still keeping phone in her left hand and shaking.. crazy.. Her front seat passenger -92 (!)years old women was in shock.. However, as i sad, miraculously, nobody was hurt.

Bunny is good. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Glad to hear that no one was hurt, I think that's definitely the important thing :good: As mentioned above, I was scanning all the turns as if I was the driver, wondering when 'the event' was going to come, and I must admit, I wouldn't've seen that driver coming round either, and would've got blindsided as well :wounded1: Here's hoping she gets a pasting for using a cellphone while driving...