When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Snowflakes

Nanuq

I think I've been bitten by the Snowflake bug. Yeah yeah yeah ... "it's about time!!" but them's the facts.

So how many obvious errors do you see with Yuki's offering? Other than the CGs of course. I'm thinking I need to offload a couple gens and snatch up one of these as a nice beater.

_DSC0243-2-1.jpg

_DSC0245-1.jpg

_DSC0251-1.jpg

They are a great beater Nanuq! I love mine and wear it nearly everyday!!

My understanding from when I started to build mine, was the old style MBW 5513 Polex case was the best case offering for this. I have absolutely no idea where my case comes from, as it is a superb case. I think its a Vietnam release, but the original owner didn't tell me where on earth they sourced it from.

Dial's pretty much need to be gen as well as the hands. At least, that's what I would suggest. There is nothing quite like a gen dial :D

I admit I went way overboard on my Franken, but it turned out so nicely that I definitely will never complain! :wub:

The Yuki case looks decent from first glance. Will they sell just the case set? Comparing it to mine now and I'd say the caseback looks too thick. The CG's (as you pointed out) will need some love. Rehaut looks to be a little wokish to me. Hands all look too thick and the square hour hand looks a little off. Doesn't look quite square enough.

Just my 0.02

What can I say... Snowflakes are, in my opinion, the pinacle of Submariner aesthetics :) By that, I mean there are no white-gold surrounds, just direct white on black markers, made slightly 3-D by the lume. The square markers, I have found to be more visible than regular Sub dials, and I suspect that may be from the eye registering a straight line and angles more than a curved line. Other plus features are all the ruggedness and reliability of a Rolex-built watch, but none of the unwanted attention of the word 'Rolex' on the dial :good: The day I complete my own Snowflake Project, I will be very satisfied :) It's a fantastic watch, definitely something any Sub fan should have in their collection :victory:

There is always this chap on iOffer..

http://www.ioffer.com/i/rolex-tudor-submariner-9411-snow-flake-166380895

But as someone pointed out, these say OYSTER PRINCE when they should really say PRINCE OYSTERDATE. :bangin:

That looks pretty decent actually. The hands are completely wrong. The square end looks more diamond shaped, and they are way too fat. However, the case looks decent. It's interesting that they are loading in a 2836-2 in there.

agreed this is a community of sharing and helping each other with our hobby... or at least i would like to think so.

Absolutely! This is why we exist... to share watch information. Well spotted!