When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty's New Yachtmaster

watchski

is it worth the price?

I got mine in about 10 days and it is dead-on perfect. It has the extra O-ring on the stem like my gen sub. I took the watch straight to the lake and went wave-running and swimming all day. Absolutely no problems. I have bought about 30 reps from Paul and Eddie and King etc., but I believe this is the best Rep I have ever seen.

Bob Christopher

I got mine in about 10 days and it is dead-on perfect. It has the extra O-ring on the stem like my gen sub. I took the watch straight to the lake and went wave-running and swimming all day. Absolutely no problems. I have bought about 30 reps from Paul and Eddie and King etc., but I believe this is the best Rep I have ever seen.

Bob Christopher

Pics! :whistling:

Bob Christopher

wow, thats good to hear. I still think the font on the dial is off though.

Bob Christopher

is there any way you can take pics of this new yachtmaster of yours? I would love to see it

How does the bezel click feel? Is it tight or sloppy?

Actually, the bezel doesn't click at all. It is smooth with no sound, fairly tight (definitely not "sloppy") and bi-directional as is the gen. I have never owned a gen yachty...does all this sound fairly close to the gen? For those asking for pics, I don't have a way right now to upload pics but it looks exactly like the one on Andrew's webpage. It may not be perfect, but I haven't found any major flaws and IT DOESN'T TAKE ON WATER!!!! I've been swimming 3 times now, several showers and nary a leak. Can't wait til next summer to take it on a SCUBA dive and see what happens. I had a Bergeron pressure tester, but it is on it's way to Puerto Rico as I have sold it to another RWG member. I sent it COD so I hope I get the money LOL! I have a local watch repair shop that, as a general rule won't work on reps, but there are a couple of guys there who would probably pressure test it for me as a favor. I'll let you all know what they say next week. All in all it's a good looking quality looking watch and the water resistant option was worth it to me. After all, if I see someone wearing a Rollie and they dive into the water like it's no problem then it's a 99.9% chance that it is a gen. So, just being able to party with my friends on the lake and not have to worry about taking the yachty off is worth it to me. Cheers to all!!

Bob

Hmmmm... Should have a very quiet ratchet to it. It's a soft click- Softer than the Subs and SD's, but it should still click...

I am deaf in my right ear with a 60% loss in my left ear, but I can't hear anything when the bezel is turned. I don't have a gen to compare it to, but it seems like I remember reading on the Rolex site that the yachty has a "smooth turning bi-directional bezel". If any members can verify or refute this please let me and ubiquitous know. Thanks!! And, a fabulous weekend to all!! :mellow:

Bob Christopher

I am deaf in my right ear with a 60% loss in my left ear, but I can't hear anything when the bezel is turned. I don't have a gen to compare it to, but it seems like I remember reading on the Rolex site that the yachty has a "smooth turning bi-directional bezel". If any members can verify or refute this please let me and ubiquitous know. Thanks!! And, a fabulous weekend to all!! :mellow:

Bob Christopher

Psssst... Have a look at post 13 in this thread.

And, speaking of which, I caught up with my old Director today, and I got to play around with his Yachtmaster again... I can confirm that it is indeed a soft click (as the posts in my Time Zone link also support).

I received "Trusty's New Yachtmaster" (called "perfect") few days ago, I'm not YM expert but the bezel clicks, turns both directions in 60 clicks, red font "YACHT MASTER" is looks little thin, center link of band is solid not hollow as gen(I'm not sure GEN has hollow link) or other rep.

I have not take swimming test but Andrew says it's O.K. to swim.

Other things I want to point out is the watch is running 20 second fast not like +/- 5 second per day (COSC standard) as he claims and crown mark at the locking part at the clasp is not sharp.

I ask these questions to Andrew I have not received any answers yet.

Edited by ukim

• 3 weeks later...

Yachtmaster and Daytona do not have hollow centre links as other sports models. THe click is soft on a gen Yachtie and turns both ways.. I owned one in 2003 and sold it as I did not think it was worth the money. The biggest flaw is the fact the dial and Bezel are platinum(rolesium) on the gen and should therefore macth perfectly but no rep has yet successfully done that. Also the crown on Andrew's perfect watch is far from it! and the crown guards are too proud. That said it looks pretty nice overall and you can be proud to wear it!

I received "Trusty's New Yachtmaster" (called "perfect") few days ago, I'm not YM expert but the bezel clicks, turns both directions in 60 clicks, red font "YACHT MASTER" is looks little thin, center link of band is solid not hollow as gen(I'm not sure GEN has hollow link) or other rep.

I have not take swimming test but Andrew says it's O.K. to swim.

Other things I want to point out is the watch is running 20 second fast not like +/- 5 second per day (COSC standard) as he claims and crown mark at the locking part at the clasp is not sharp.

I ask these questions to Andrew I have not received any answers yet.

You are right about the slight imperfections, but so far it is swim pruf. Good luck with yours.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

May I ask a question of actual YM rep owners? I'm looking at both EL and trusty models, and I was wondering if they use trituim for the glo markers (similar to a luminox or firearm night sights) or if they have to be "charged" by exposure to light, and if the hands/markers are clearly visible in the dark.

For those of you who own the trusty "perfect", is it worth the extra $120 bucks in your opinion?

Thanks!