When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 bracelet and end link options

envisagevi

I am a VIP Supporter member at both RWG & RWI, but fairly new to this board, and very new to the vintage Daytona arena. :whistling:

I recently purchased a DW 6263 without a bracelet because I wanted to source a gen. But before I lay out that kind of coin for a gen bracelet, I want to make sure I am reviewing all my options. Based on the bracelet reference chart, the 78350 with 571 end links is the proper one (unless you want the folded links style 7835). I have seen folks on here state that they have fitted a 78350 with 557 end links to their 6263 case with no problems or modding, but others have stated that only the 571 end links fit properly. When scouring the options to source a gen, it appears that there are more for sale with 557 than 571 end links. Just want to get a firm answer and decide before I make a purchase on a gen bracelet.

Thanks in advance for your help and insight. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So it appears the issue is with the case source and not the bracelet options...? Only option then for the DW 6263 case is the 571 end links, per the gen? Why would the Phong case fit the 557? Is it merely an issue of specs used, and Phong is not as strict to gen specs at the lugs to require only a 571, per the gen? :bangin:

Here's what I found on a Rolex forum listed as proper for the 6263/6265:

Bracelets:

End links:

71H

------------------------------

557 end links:

70's - 80's perpetual date and Air King models.

I have a set of 557 and they don't fit very well on my DW case.

x71s are best if you can afford them. Otherwise 357s or 557s (but not 57s!) are the next best thing. 361s look pretty good on the wrist, less so when the watch is lying flat on a table.

Here's the fit of a 357 on my DW 6263:

799850479_rsZoc-X3.jpg

This is pretty good, and the gap is practically invisible behind that flared bezel.

• 2 years later...