When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Happy ending!

mjmurphy926

So back in Arpil, we had our old house on the market and were looking to buy a new one. On a day when we had a showing scheduled at the old house, I accidentally left my WM9 v1 sub on my wife's dresser (at least I thought I had) as we headed out. When we got back, I went upstairs to get my favorite watch and it was not there.

I asked my wife if she had put it somewhere and she said she couldn't recall. I searched all around the room, but couldn't find it. Not wanting to call my Realtor and accuse a potential buyer of stealing my rep Rolex (and also not wanting to explain that "rep" part), I had kind of written it off, but still had a little hope it might show up during the move. It didn't. :thumbdown:

Well, today I was moving furniture (including my wife's old dresser) around one of the spare bedrooms in the new house and heard something sliding around in the hidden jewelry drawer in the top of the dresser. Care to guess what it was?

That's right!

DSC00448_small.jpg?t=1284588841

Turns out that in her frenzied cleaning state, she had put it in that drawer without thinking about it.

It feels like Christmas!! :yeah:

And here I thought that happy endings were only suitable for fairy tales and massage parlors!

I bet finding this gem was almost as good as the kind of finale at the later of the two possible scenarios, eh? Maybe it's time to go buy a lottery ticket!

:)

LOL...yeah. I was gonna say maybe even better, but that would be a lie. How about lasts longer?

Definitely longer lasting! But perhaps just as rewarding!

That it is. I tried to replace the empty feeling with a DSSD, which is an AWESOME watch, but not the quite the same. I almost forgot the well balanced, light weight, pure tool watch feeling of the old subs. I may never take it off again!

BTW, we need to get a Denver area GTG going! There's enough of us around...

:thumbsupsmileyanim: count me in! :drinks: