When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Breitling watch project gallery

cougaree

I started my Breitling collection with a gen Breitling Colt Auto with blue dial. I didn't like it too much largely because of its size.

Then, I joint our forum. Soon later, I bought a blue dial SOSF from another member in the south.

This is what it looked like then:

DSCN2183.jpg

inside of this watch, I found a rep Omega movement! :)

IMG_2030c.jpg

I then installed a gen Pro I bracelet and gen ETA 2824-2 movement, dw and rotor (from a rare opportunity) on it and took it for a "swim" in Florida swamp (well, involuntary... the kayak flipped). WR worked great.

DSCN2826.jpg

I enjoyed it for almost a year before I sent it out for further modifications. A new gen black dial (bought it from another rare opportunity and I don't know how to source another) was installed. The pearl got relumed. This is the result:

IMG_1595S.jpg

Edited by cougaree

I told myself I would never own a chronograph mechanical watch because of the high maintenance cost. But... it didn't take me long to change my mind. They are just too nice. My second Breitling was a black dial v2 BCE with corrected dw. It's from a member in Europe. I had it for three days before I attempted to remove the bezel.

This is what it looked like then.

DSCN2810.jpg

I had a gen dial installed and hand lumed. This is what it looks like now. That is what gen dial and bezel, hands relumed.

IMG_2607c.jpg

Thanks! I never thought I would end up with the gen dial, but then it showed up for sale. I would enjoy my watch regardless if the dial is gen (true story but the gen dial did make it look nicer). I guess that's what making our hobby fun because our reps can always get improved over time, so the ownership becomes a long term experience... Hmm... do I sound like a marriage counselor? :)

OK, folks! Here are two more watches!

Before

IMG_1126c.jpg

DSCN2878.jpg

After (taken tonight under pretty poor lighting) - gen bezel and dial, gen dw, 18k gold plated bezel tabs, lume job, movement regulation!

IMG_3288c.jpg

Before

IMG_1493S.jpg

After - Dial dot fix, relume, date window cleaning, gen Swiss Hamilton 2824-2 movement install.

IMG_3284c.jpg

Now one more watch project pending... can't wait to show you. It won't be for a while though.