When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

As an owner of Gens, I'm saddened

daytonaboy

As an owner of both GEN and REP watches....I report any garbage seller on Ebay that tries to pass off fake Panerai, Rolex, etc....for the real thing.

If you are selling something branded on Ebay that is not of genuine brand, you should disclose it....if legally possible....if not, you should not be selling it on Ebay.......worse is if you are trying to pass is off as real.....unfortunately there are un-informed Ebayers out there that get suckered all the time.....and they end up giving the rest of us REP collectors a bad image......I already have a bad image of myself, I don't need someone adding to it.:D

if your stupid enough to get scammed whit a AP rep of today's quality and flaws, then to bad..Should put in some homework when buying something costing over 10k$..

I do agree. Yes he is a dumbass. The problem I have is that the guy got away with it and is profiting from it. May I present:

I am a Big eBay Scammer

I guess I just don't want the bad guys to win. And I can promise you they won't in this case. This thing has been reported on more than Paris Hilton's crotch crabs. Bad guy won't win.

I do agree. Yes he is a dumbass. The problem I have is that the guy got away with it and is profiting from it. May I present:

I am a Big eBay Scammer

I guess I just don't want the bad guys to win. And I can promise you they won't in this case. This thing has been reported on more than Paris Hilton's crotch crabs. Bad guy won't win.

Lol, i've reported this watch 3 times now!

yeah...Caveat Emptor....the buyer is a sucker...but that does not make it right..............the seller has a duty to represent what he is selling honestly and to the best of his ability....keeping Ebay an honest selling market (as much as we can) is better for all of us in the long run.....I for one would like to see Ebay remain as genuine as possible......this also brings less heat on "US":...the REP community

I feel bad for the unsuspecting buyers. Sadly, not everyone really takes the time to appreciate what they are purchasing enough to even know the difference.

The good rep forums and members do everything to provide knowledge of timepieces both genuine and replica, and prevent people from being ripped off.

if your stupid enough to get scammed whit a AP rep of today's quality and flaws, then to bad..Should put in some homework when buying something costing over 10k$..

Sorry not to agree with this one. Your statement almost makes the seller seem clever.

Scamming is wrong and unforgiveable and only the scammer can be blamed here.

That is why so many members here support anti-scamming activities.

Edited by mbjoer

I have to confess to being somewhat torn.

1. As far as scamming goes, one could make the argument that i scam people every time i put on my rep and let people believe that it is genuine. Although many of us appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into making a truly stunning high-end replica, i do not believe i am alone in enjoying the gazes from people who think i'm actually wearing a 6 months salary on my wrist.

2. I do recent scamming people for profit and prying on uninformed buyers. Caveat Emptor only goes so far. Without the belief that people and businesses are ultimately good and honest our whole society structure falls apart. There would be no credits given, no good faith dealings, no good will built in companies, and things just wouldn't work. Those who pray on the weak and uninformed should be punished severely. As for those who pray on people who SHOULD know better, but who's judgement is clouded by greed i say: Right on! Go for it! I don't like greed, and i don't like people who take advantage of other people's misfortune for personal profit.

3. As for the watch that is being sold on eBay. Yes, it is a fake, but do we know for real that the seller knows this? Are we sure that he has a malicious intent? I'd like to play devils advocate for a moment and say that somebody who is out to fool a buyer would use a better rep, probably mix in a photo of a genuine, and correct the facts about the watch. I propose that the salesman, the son of the owner, might very well believe that this watch is real. Would a son who doesn't know much about watches doubt his father? Food for thoughts.

Have a nice weekend! I'm off to work soon :)

Sorry not to agree with this one. Your statement almost makes the seller seem clever.

Scamming is wrong and unforgiveable and only the scammer can be blamed here.

That is why so many members here support anti-scamming activities.

You have successfully submitted a report.

We appreciate you taking the time to file this report. eBay will investigate to determine resolution.

Still if anyone is stupid enough to fall for such a bad fake then i really have no sympathy..Educate I even do that for headphones or cameras this is a 10k watch..

Selling a rep as a gen is a crime in virtually every country - pure and simple. I hope those sellers get caught and prosecuted. No one deserves to be scammed because they are ignorant. And I have to believe that as reps get better and better the scamming will be more prevalent. If scamming escalates I suspect it will tend to scare the average joe away from the forums (fleabay, timezone, whatever) to his local dealer.

So if you see a fake on fleabay or the gen forums report it. And don't do it because it reflects well on you or the forums. Do it because we never want to see anyone scammed - okay maybe your mother-in-law. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with all of you in some fashion. But at the end of the day, when you are going to fork out a fair amount of money, wouldn't you research the product and seller? Would anyone in this forum go out and buy a 10K car without researching what kind car, looking to see if the car has had an accident etc...?

Yes the seller is a scammer, willingly or unknowingly. If he was honest about his sale, he would have authenticated the product, that would allow him to get a better price and reassure his buyer.

Just my 2c.

Selling a rep as a gen is a crime in virtually every country - pure and simple. I hope those sellers get caught and prosecuted. No one deserves to be scammed because they are ignorant. And I have to believe that as reps get better and better the scamming will be more prevalent. If scamming escalates I suspect it will tend to scare the average joe away from the forums (fleabay, timezone, whatever) to his local dealer.

So if you see a fake on fleabay or the gen forums report it. And don't do it because it reflects well on you or the forums. Do it because we never want to see anyone scammed - okay maybe your mother-in-law. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Guys... have some fun with the scammers. BID!!!

I have bid in the 20,000 range for some of the fakes and won, and when I get the notice to pay I say F U !!! They can't go to e-bay and make you pay for a scam, so you have nothing to worry about and all you do is report to ebay that you know it is a scam and refuse to pay if they contact you, which they have only once to me.

It's theeasiest way to shut these guys down. Just win the auctions and don't pay :D