When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any suggestions on Breitling Bentley Flying B ?

cougaree

Hi all,

Lately I have been wanting a Breitling Bentley Flying B. I know the rep may be thicker than gen, but it's just so hot! I like all the different colored dials, but I'm planning on only getting one. Could you please tell me which one is more closer to gen? Wrist shots are also appreciated (try to figure out how big it will be on my 7.5" wrist)!

Thanks!

Edited by cougaree

Its Big but i love it !!

I got mine a blue dialed monster from Andrew at Trusty and it is well made keeps perfect time, the only flaw was the band was tide but a good oil splash fixed that one .

I see many of the normal bentleys around everywhere but the flying b is a rare sight even here in miami ,everybody compliments the watch .

Kasi: Size is no problem with me as I normally wear Skyland or SA. I was attempted on a blue one as well, but I don't know how accurate the blue is. Do you have any pictures of your blue one?

Chronoluvvv: Thanks for sharing with me your white one. It's really nice! It's my other choice. Do you know if the gen one is silver dial or white or off white like the SOSF?

good thing that Kasi mentioned he had issues with the bracelet. I am not too fond of mine either. The factories used whatever they had left from the other Bentleys in stock so the end links are always rubbing against the case and getting scratched up

personally i have no idea if the gen is silver or off-white because i have yet to see one for real. But from the silver engravings on the dial it seems out of place to have silver surrounding them as well

• 10 months later...

You probably already see that the chrono dials are waaay off on the quartz rep. They are gathered together and touching, which ruins the whole look in my opinion.

I see the dials are closer together and figure the case is possible modified from something else - I reckon it might be OK though, after seeing the size of these suckers in real life! Trying it on my slim wrist reminded me of pics when little girls try on their mother's shoes.... image 1.0 looks like a quartz version ... the hand position is to disguise the distance I guess.

I know this post is old but I am a bit obsessed with this model now and had hoped to find a nice "blue-on-stainless" (or blue leather if it is nice .... some are a bit funky in their colour) replica for around $100 - there are a several advertised around the place, but the two times I pre-ordered I get some BS about this model is sold out, what about this one instead ... I guess this happens a lot. I just don't want to be ordering something "in the hope" the same thing arrives as my order.

Having said all that, I saw these variants last night and if the rep closely approximates the Jump Hour "090" image (original of course) I think it would be a totally stunning watch to own. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.

post-37924-0-63242400-1314408889.jpg

post-37924-0-07448000-1314408941.jpg

post-37924-0-78502500-1314408989.jpg

Edited by seriph

• 2 weeks later...

I have ordered this in blue (quartz) and will review it when it arrives .... if it arrives. I am hoping it will have the chrono in the correct position even if it isn't the red, chunky numbered version

I think I will go for an automatic as well .... in white or brown .... the black always looks a very nice shade of blue in the pics .... hope the actual blue one looks OK

I think someone said there was an auto version for around $130? ... might work out.

• 2 weeks later...

OK folks - the watch arrived a week ago and it is a stunner - it is NOT an accurate replica of the original but it is receiving great comments and I am enjoying it - came in a plain black box with cream insert.

Box was packed relatively well and took around a week to arrive once despatched from China.

It was opened by quarantine (note) as it gave off some kind of reading top their detectors apparently. No idea how all that works, but the outer was sliced open and a leaflet was inserted then taped up again. A sheet explaining that nothing toxic/prohibited/suspect was found.

The lume is pretty bright but I have nothing to compare it to.

Sub dials are wrong, with a day-of-the-week in numerals at 9.

My only two gripes is that the dial does not feature "for Bentley" on it and it is black, not blue but at under $100 delivered I am not complaining - it looks like money.

As mentioned and as is obvious, I am a newbie to this so I don't know what movement it has etc. except to say that I am happy that it is AUTOMATIC not quartz ... keeps excellent time (but leaving it for two days means it ran down) all functions work fine so far and the date is in the CORRECT position at 12.

The hour markings, while clearly not mother of pearl, are nice and their position is good enough.

The bracelet seems well made and with my new set of watch-fiddling-tools I was able to remove a link and adjust to suit my wrist very easily.

All in all, a happy purchase even though it arrived not "as described" and not "as pictured" on the seller's DHGATE site. I requested a $20 refund because of the issues and we all know what was done about that :D "you buy more watch I give good price next time"

Yes, that's what I am gonna do - give more money to a guy who didn't give me what I asked for and what he claimed he had. :)

here are some pics - apologies for the poor quality - they were taken using my iPhone. No idea if the bracelet is anything like the original but it looks good to me.

post-37924-0-30162900-1316569602.jpg

post-37924-0-31789100-1316569624.jpg

post-37924-0-69072800-1316569640.jpg

post-37924-0-18075000-1316569654.jpg

post-37924-0-69930000-1316569670.jpg

Ok so I got my watch - it is extremely nice but of course, not what I ordered. DHGATE is the portal I used ...

First of all let me say I am happy with this watch - for an $80 (paypal, delivered) watch it is a joy to own and has a great look and feel ... I thought it was going to be quartz and it turned out to be an accurate auto movement, with as far as I can tell, working sub dials (though they are not as-per the original or high-end rep)

Gripes:

-- the seller's pics were OK but of course, the watch that arrived is not the watch that was pictured.

-- imperfectly positioned lume at 12

-- no "for Bentley" on the dial

-- date numerals black not red

-- face is black, not blue as ordered

It feels great on my wrist (once I adjusted the bracelet and removed a link) and looks the part - three friends commented on how good it looked and were impressed by its quality of finish ... they thought it looked like real money. Not too fusssed by that either way, but it is better than it looking and feeling like a turd :)

Apologies for the crappy pics ... taken with my iPhone. If anyone wants better pics I will get off my anatomy and take some.

Finally, I can now say I am "blooded" and while this watch is totally fine for anyone wanting to enjoy a reasonable and basic replica I will be selling this one on and buying the high-end version. It is just too nice to miss out on. It means saving up my pennies for a while but I know it will be something I will keep for the long term - hope this mini-review is helpful.

post-37924-0-48725200-1316873176.jpg

post-37924-0-49010600-1316873195.jpg

post-37924-0-98667400-1316873212.jpg

post-37924-0-82316000-1316873318.jpg

post-37924-0-13155500-1316873355.jpg

Edited by seriph

Thank you for taking the time to write up your impressions on a watch that has very little coverage on the Forum.

Even tho it has the problems you listed, as long as you like it, that is what matters most. $80 vs $550 is quite a difference. People who are not Breitling nuts won't know to look for any of the problems.

Mine arrived and while I am v happy with it, it had a couple of problems and a couple of pluses ..... no "for Bentley" on the dial .... PITA! Dial not Blue, but the black is yummy.

Pluses: Date in the correct spot (but black numbers not red) and automatic, not quartz ..... AND it cost me $82 del'd to Oz. Pics can be posted if you'd like to see them .... they're not great images but they work for information