When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

how to NOT harass your seller?

brockelhorst

I ordered and payed for a watch on Saturday. I know and i understand that the dealers have other things to do than to answer my 154321354 mails asking when its going to be shipped.

But the problem is: i don't :pardon:

Damn, that waiting time is terrible. How can i forget the beauty i paid for without at least knowing when i can finally hold her in my hands?

I suggest the dealers should send their customers a comforting word everyday until the watch arrives. :p

Any help would be much appreciated!

The worst part is, even when they send you tracking info (if they even do), a lot of times with certain postal tracking, they are extremely slow at updating the information. I bought a watch that was shipped on Sept 10th. Got tracking info and it said it was being processed. Got the watch in the mail the other day, and up until the day before, it still said it was being processed. :whistling:

Welcome to the world of reps and international shipping.

Heck, I have paid in full for a watch (BK WM9 SD) over a year ago, but am comfortable with situation as it is still being produced.

My other approach is simple, order something (international/cartel/etc) and obtain tracking number if available. Then WAIT ONE MONTH, before getting even remotely concerned, or checking tracking. Honestly, I think my longest wait ever was 3 weeks, with an average of 7 to 10 days (EMS).

Other advise is-- treat the purchase of reps like hitting the tables in Las Vegas, you win some, you loose some (rarely).

Just, hang out read the forums while you patiently wait.

Paid a watch a year ago and still not received it?? :thumbdown:

Honestly, i'm starting to worry, no response since monday, no tracking number, nothing, doesn't make me feel very good.

If i would treat my clients like this...

But you guys here where right about the rep fever thing, so i'll try to take your advice on the relax and wait thing :yu:

Paid a watch a year ago and still not received it?? :thumbdown:

Honestly, i'm starting to worry, no response since monday, no tracking number, nothing, doesn't make me feel very good.

If i would treat my clients like this...

But you guys here where right about the rep fever thing, so i'll try to take your advice on the relax and wait thing :yu:

Yup...we always say, it's the rep world...it's not Wal-Mart. If you want customer service...well...buy gens at an AD...they give you free coffee and cape cod cloths too. ;)

In the rep world, you have to remember it's a counterfeit industry in China...you can only expect so much...and we are small potatoes as customers in RWG to the dealers on a global scale. Yup...it's painful...and when it arrives, it might be wrong, busted, bad, whatever...need to go back for repair (on YOUR dime!!!), and then you won't get anything back again until 1-2 months later.

Aaaah...reps...love 'em...hate 'em...deal with 'em. :)

If you want faster service, then look for very reputable fellow RWG members to buy used from, from your continent, and pay for faster shipping...then it can arrive super fast...but for the most part, if it's a current item, with decent supply, from China to Canada usually 7-10 days by EMS. Between Canada to Australia...I've had 2.5 months!!

If you want faster service, then look for very reputable fellow RWG members to buy used from, from your continent, and pay for faster shipping...then it can arrive super fast...but for the most part, if it's a current item, with decent supply, from China to Canada usually 7-10 days by EMS. Between Canada to Australia...I've had 2.5 months!!

One good option is to build yourself a solid reputation around these parts. Become an active member, then "buy from other members" within your home country.

I am sure your purchase will turn out just fine. The long wait I was refereeing to is based on a custom build that many members have taken advantage of from a trusted collector here. No worries.

Patience is key, and watching tracking is usually, useless.

Welcome aboard and enjoy.

actually i'm not meaning to complain, no worries. I did a lot of reading before ordering and i agree with the gambling aspect.

If only there wasn't that i-want-to-have-it reflex i didn't experience since i was a kid waiting for damn christmas evening... but at least at that time i always managed to take a sneak preview :p

The active member part is kind of difficult, when you don't know much about watches, a side from asking stuff, there is no much room for me to participate in experts discussions :)

edit:

oh, but shouldn't the seller at least say when the watch will be shipped and provide a tracking number?

Edited by brockelhorst

Just pour a drink, and read the forums, it wont make your watch get here any quicker but you will learn alot! and then you will be taking part in the disscussions

By the way where is your avatar from i recognise it from an old film but which?

Just pour a drink, and read the forums, it wont make your watch get here any quicker but you will learn alot! and then you will be taking part in the disscussions

By the way where is your avatar from i recognise it from an old film but which?

It's Theda Bara also called "the vamp", a sexsymbol in the 20's. I think the pic is from Cleopatra. Theda Bara on Wikipedia

Yeah...it's a bit agonizing that wait...then FRUSTRATING as !@#^!! if what arrives is bad and has to go back...but jaw-dropping when it works out.

I had to wait 24+ hrs because I missed the delivery sign-off on a watch that came from jmarin, and even though it was JUST over a day to wait for it to get to the postal depot...it was an AGONIZING wait because of the building excitement...fun stuff this rep world.

It's Theda Bara also called "the vamp", a sexsymbol in the 20's. I think the pic is from Cleopatra. Theda Bara on Wikipedia

yep a bit risky for 1917

b_theda08.jpg

Quite fit though

Yeah...it's a bit agonizing that wait...then FRUSTRATING as !@#^!! if what arrives is bad and has to go back...but jaw-dropping when it works out.

I had to wait 24+ hrs because I missed the delivery sign-off on a watch that came from jmarin, and even though it was JUST over a day to wait for it to get to the postal depot...it was an AGONIZING wait because of the building excitement...fun stuff this rep world.

Haha, so that be patient, drink a beer talk is mostly directed to ones self? Man, was i sad again tonight: coming home, postbox empty again... :cry2:

I was thinking, maybe i'll have to order some more watches even before i get this one, just to make the waiting time shorter? I think am becoming an addict already :lol:

yep a bit risky for 1917

b_theda08.jpg

Quite fit though

It's been a fantastic period, i especially love literature of that time.

never really looked into the 20s but i do like that photo, the waiting can be the hardest bit of this hobby byt it lis like christmass, waht is better antisipation or realalisation?

Then you really should read the Traumnovelle from Arthur Schnitzler! I think its called 'Rapsody' or 'Dream Story' in english. Deals with anticipation, realisation and 1920s literature. (The film 'eyes wide shot' is based on it.) Fantastic reading.

Edited by brockelhorst

The active member part is kind of difficult, when you don't know much about watches, a side from asking stuff, there is no much room for me to participate in experts discussions :)

You don't have to be an expert. When you get your watch(s), take and post pictures. There are a lot of members here who thrive on taking and sharing photos. Also, there are all the naked girls in the Platinum section. :D

PS. I also love the 20's and your avatar. My Grandmother was a total flapper, her and my Grandfather used to go to the speakeasy's during prohibition. whistling.gif

What do you like?? Dress, diver, chrono, vintage, big, small????

Hard to say, i like Pams a lot and some iwc pilot watches as the Big Pilot and the topgun. I would call it clean but brutal looking watches. And i want them as big as possible without being ridiculous on my wrist.

I lately had a crush on the rxw mm 20.

You don't have to be an expert. When you get your watch(s), take and post pictures. There are a lot of members here who thrive on taking and sharing photos. Also, there are all the naked girls in the Platinum section. :D

PS. I also love the 20's and your avatar. My Grandmother was a total flapper, her and my Grandfather used to go to the speakeasy's during prohibition. whistling.gif

I hope it left china before that holiday... I'm not sure if the watch is actually shipped from china though, as the seller never answered my question... Man, if he wasn't one of the most praised dealers here i would start to panic.

I would do pictures, if only i had my f#@*ng watch, :p

If i had lived in that period, i think i would have been a cocain addicted, gambling, alcoholic and lesbian girl, discussing my dreams with freud. Hellyeah :lol:

If i had lived in that period, i think i would have been a cocain addicted, gambling, alcoholic and lesbian girl, discussing my dreams with freud. Hellyeah :lol:

There's no time like the present!

Who did you purchase from and what did you get?

My birthday present DSSD just arrived, broken. So, after the anticipation, the wait, the post office, the bubble wrap.. comes the disappointment. Then, the PM's to the watch smiths, then another trip to the post office to mail it off to someone to get fixed. More money, more waiting.

The anticipation and excitement is really big with these for some reason, and it never go's away. It's true the only thing you can do is distract yourself.

If you want, I can put something in the mail for you, so you have something on the way and in hand in a couple of days? It will probably be my dirty draws, but still.. :thumbsupsmileyanim: (for a nominal fee, I could probably upgrade that to my wifes dirty draws sent 2nd day air?) :animal_rooster:

Maybe you would prefer random broken watch parts? I have plenty of those, too. Wait I didn't mean to imply I have plenty of dirty draws too. I just meant. Nevermind. Hey look! It's KB!!

Just a quick heads up, seeing as most don't know, tomorrow (the 3rd) marks the end of a 4 day public holiday in China.

Ken

Makes me feel a little better that I haven't heard anything, today will be day three since I emailed.