When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blue Tudor Prince Date Chrono Almost Done

jmb

I've been doing a little work on the blue Prince Date Chrono that Chiman12 was kind enough to sell me and I'm liking the results. Most of these are built on rep A7750 Daytona cases and one of the glaring differences is the Prince Date Chronos have lug holes. The pictures I've seen indicate the holes are smaller than those in Subs so I used a .040" cobalt bit. All went smoothly until the last hole and the bit snapped flush with the case as it started breaking into the existing inner hole. Crap!!!

I ordered a couple of .040" center cutting solid carbide end mills and was able to "peck" the little chunk of bit out and today finished drilling the last hole, replaced the crown tube with a Yuki tube, and fitted the gen crown. I would have been 100% done instead of almost but I managed to knock off the cyclops somewhere :black_eye: so will need to order one from ofrei. I also took a "gtrey" Scotch-Brite and dulled down the case a bit and used a "purple" pad to brush the tops of the lugs as the Daytona cases have the lug tops polished.

Here's a few pics...

Blue PDC 1.JPG

Blue PDC 2.JPG

Blue PDC 3.JPG

Blue PDC 4.JPG

Blue PDC 5.JPG

R, just the rep crystal that came with the case. I may leave the cyclops off this one and hunt around for a plain (no etched coronet) crystal to use. What are you lacking on yours?

hey J...i am making arrangements to have the hands painted charcoal and then having it worked/assembled...the case will need a "countersink" of sorts for the gen tube to sit flush with the case...the drilling of the lugs is a cool mod, too...anyhow - i've decided that i should replace the crystal on my case to get rid of the etched coronet...not sure which crystal to replace it with...i picked up a 2.5x cyclops from pix - so i'll apply that later should i decide to do so...any recommendations on the crystal replacement and source?...i haven't measured the current one - but its in the daytona'ish case i bought...

Ofrei has flat sapphire crystals available in several thicknesses and in .1mm diameter increments. I think the rep is about 29.4mm but I'll have to measure one to be sure...