When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My A7753 is dead!

prdubis

start the start / stop pusher and see what happens.

when the movemnt runs again let me know.

rolli

Just to say the A7753 from my PAM250 just died..;I wore the watch 3 to 5 times, and it doesn't tickle anymore...

I'm not sure about the reliability of these new movements....

start the start / stop pusher and see what happens.

when the movemnt runs again let me know.

rolli

I hand winded the movement a few times, shaked the watch in my hand to move the rotor but it didnt work...Pushing the Start/Stop pusher didn't work neither...

the oscillating pinion for the chrono function must be adjusted.

this is an important for the first inspection.

last year i had the same problem with one of a swiss 7750.

my watchmaker immediately saw it needs to be adjusted and the error was corrected.

rolli

I hand winded the movement a few times, shaked the watch in my hand to move the rotor but it didnt work...Pushing the Start/Stop pusher didn't work neither...

Have you contacted the dealer, and if so what did they say?

I ask because a couple of other members have reported they've been told by a certain dealer that because they approved the Q.C. pics it is not their problem. How you can justify not replacing a bad movement because of some pics, is beyond me though :whistling:

all asia movements have the same problem.

they aren't oiled and not adjusted.

the daylight maker bought this movement from shanghai factory ( movement maker ) and that's it.

no extra service or adjustment.

and shanghai factory produced the movements without special service and standards like we know it from the swiss factories or eta.

it is always luck when a movement works.

normally it is a chewing gum machine movement, when you buy a chewing gum it falls out with.

rolli

I ask because a couple of other members have reported they've been told by a certain dealer that because they approved the Q.C. pics it is not their problem. How you can justify not replacing a bad movement because of some pics, is beyond me though :whistling:

Good point. Curious myself. The agreement is what withholds me from ordering in the first place.

all asia movements have the same problem.

they aren't oiled and not adjusted.

the daylight maker bought this movement from shanghai factory ( movement maker ) and that's it.

no extra service or adjustment.

and shanghai factory produced the movements without special service and standards like we know it from the swiss factories or eta.

it is always luck when a movement works.

normally it is a chewing gum machine movement, when you buy a chewing gum it falls out with.

rolli

Yes, I am fully aware of this. But to date, at least from what I've experienced, if your Asian built watch arrived dead you could send it back and get a replacement. Now it seems some dealers may be trying to stop that practice as well.

Even when I buy chewing gum, I expect it to be chewable :)

the oscillating pinion for the chrono function must be adjusted.

this is an important for the first inspection.

last year i had the same problem with one of a swiss 7750.

my watchmaker immediately saw it needs to be adjusted and the error was corrected.

rolli

Only when the chrono function is engaged. If the chrono function is not engaged, the oscillating pinion just rotates in its main plate jewel with very little drag on the main gear train.

Since it sounds like starting/stopping the chrono does not make the watch run, there is a issue elsewhere.

You are right though...the movements are either over oiled or not oiled at all.

Have you looked round the balance for pubic hair? more than likely a service will sort this problem but i dont see how QC phots as mentioned above can absove the seller from movement prooblems. And if you see the cleanliness of the 7753 break down on that other site is any thing to go by i would look for the rst of the makers lunch in there.

Have you looked round the balance for pubic hair? more than likely a service will sort this problem but i dont see how QC phots as mentioned above can absove the seller from movement prooblems. And if you see the cleanliness of the 7753 break down on that other site is any thing to go by i would look for the rst of the makers lunch in there.

:rofl:

Here is a quote from a watchsmith & member of RWI:

"I also noticed that the movement was very dirty, with large chunks of dirt and various fibers (white and blue, mostly) found throughout. I even found a dried-up piece of lettuce or some other leaf. The keyless works were bone dry, though the stem and sliding/winding pinions were greased. None of the pivots had any oil on them (I checked thoroughly). The balance jewels *may* have been oiled, as they remained stuck to each other during removal. If you know A7750s, you know this is all very routine stuff".

The Chinese have been known to put cardboard in their roast pork steamed dim sum buns, and melamine in baby formula, sulfur in drywall- so it only makes sense that they'd put some cilantro in their watch movts. :thumbdown: There's a reason it's now the world's largest economy, cheap labor, cheap everything, anything for buck...

Edited by eddiemonster

Ok, many members talk about dirty and under or over oiled movements. Of course this is true, but many of those movements still function quite well (until they stop). The reason why your movement stopped could be many things. From some dirt in the wrong place, a hair stuck in somewhere or a small case screw on the loose inside the movement, who can tell...?

So meaning, the movement does not necessarily needs to have a service or some kind. Although it will benefit greatly from it.

If it was my watch, I would first bring it to a local watch smith to take a look what is going on. In most cases the problem is easily and cheaply resolved. Always better than sending the watch back to China with all the customs and shipping risk ahead...

just my 2 cents... Good luck!

I agree with Hooky. Never send it back, find someone to fix it and have the seller send part(if neccsary) but sending a watch back to China (in particular) will be a frustrating, time comsuing and unsuccessful transaction. Minimize your frustration and just get it fixed.

I only send it back when the costs will be more than