When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So I was banned on watchuseek.com.....

Prsist

I made two posts that were deleted (I simply asked a question that the powers that be didn't like, I wasn't flaming or mean). My third lead to me being banned for a week. In the mods post he explained you don't argue with the mods and to go enjoy my 1 week timeout. Maybe I shouldn't have but I created a new account and pm'd the mod explaining if he just answered what he posted in the pm It would have been done. It was a simple disagreement that adult discussion would have settled.

Welcome to the club! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I'm a bad boy "over there" because I was willfully ignoring the rules and flaunting them in the face of the mods. They told me so in a PM, later an email exchange, putting words in my mouth. I bent the guy over and REAMED him, apparently he didn't like that... :whistling:

So I got a "bad boy" warning, so I posted verbatim what the email exchange had been about, and many of the more *cough* vocal members stood up for me. I told the Mods and Ernie (the site's owner) where they could shove their pathetic website, and told them to delete my fricken account.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Later, a Mod emails me saying it's all a big misunderstanding, please come back, and I got a written apology in a PM from the POS the put the words in my mouth. Go figure.

It's a dictatorship with Ernie at the helm, and it sucks compared to this place. They have nothing new to offer, they're only allowed to salivate in unison over the retreads that Doxa is putting out, and no criticism is allowed. They're afraid to take the back off their own watch, thinking you need to send it back to the factory for the smallest problem. That's not my idea of a watch site.

Welcome to the club! :drinks:

If your question had anything to do with identifying a rep versus a gen then forget it. Those folks seem to have little to no tolerance for such discussion. They mostly seem to be the "hey look what I got and look what I spent on it" kind of crowd. My apologies to anyone here who is also a member there, you may not agree, but that's just the way I noticed things are over at watchuseek.

Cheers B)

And for the love of all that's holy, NEVER EVER EVER mention an Ebay auction that's still underway!! :shock:

I mean, God forbid you'd point out to the members an obscure listing for a rare Doxa that someone would love to own. Who in their right mind would think that's appropriate?!

:brow:

Most of the gen sites are run in totalitarian fashion, so you have to read the rules & oblige them if you want to play in their sandbox. Being a gen site, I cannot really criticize them (too much) for coming down hard on posts inquiring about reps/frankens, which run against everything they stand for (like posting questions such as 'How can I rip off alot of rep buyers?' here). So if that was the theme of the post that caught a Mod's attention, a swift reprimand should not come as a big surprise to the OP.

It's not just the gen forums, it's the same problem all over the Internet.

Too many places are ran by junior moderators who have no idea how a forum should be led. Overmoderation is usually the biggest problem, not undermoderation. You're not above anyone just because you're a moderator, you're working for the members.

All people have occasional bad days and people actually do disagree with eachother sometimes. You can't treat adults like children and force a nice, good atmosphere. Especially longtime members are entitled to have occasional bad days, or even act stupid sometimes. It's called life.

I mean, God forbid you'd point out to the members an obscure listing for a rare Doxa that someone would love to own. Who in their right mind would think that's appropriate?!

That's right Bob...did you get my PM complaining about some user named Nanuq who's always putting posts like that up here...raises the prices for everyone...you people on the mod team should do something about members like that. :D

Now I kind of want to join there, and see if I can get banned in the shortest period of time.

That's right Bob...did you get my PM complaining about some user named Nanuq who's always putting posts like that up here...raises the prices for everyone...you people on the mod team should do something about members like that. :D

Now I kind of want to join there, and see if I can get banned in the shortest period of time.

Oh Lordy, you've got a GREAT idea there! Should we have a contest? :Jumpy:

Oh, and BTW, yes I heard about that !@#$&* Nanuq. Always cherry picking the sweetest deals from the web for his buddies. :group:

Let's see, I joined Oct 9th, 2008. I had my Black Lung by Nov. 1st, then the fur hit the fan that day. So I accomplished a ban in 23 days. BEAT THAT!

Okay Prsist, you're up. How many days/posts before you were banned?

Hey, why don't you create the "Jetmid" personality over there?

Steal pictures from Pateks and shots of airplane interior from the Google search, etc.

Use this for authenticity

jetmid_shirt.jpg

Yep, I was also banned from WUS. This guy had concerns about purchasing some Invicta,he was worried that It was a rep. I replyed that there was no such animal, that It would be like a Timex rep,no worries. I also told him about a few other things to look out for,trying to be helpful. This mod sent me a pm telling me that I should pay attention to the TOS. He also said that I sound like someone who knew a little more about reps than I should. This pos also suggested that If I Indeed did wear reps(cheep Chinese junk) that WUS wasnt the place for me. I very calmly and respectively said something to the effect about his mum and a three legged donkey :pardon: I said I was calm :D I told him to stick his ban In his happy place. Dont think he liked that to much,no written apology for me. I really did not care for the place, so no big deal.RWG ROCKS BABY :punk:

This pos also suggested that If I Indeed did wear reps(cheep Chinese junk) that WUS wasnt the place for me.

Cheap Chinese junk, eh? How come the Invicta guys aren't banned then? :rolleyes:

My banning had nothing to do with reps. Though there are a couple members who discuss reps and even put reps they own in their sig. It had to do with a question why linde werlinkn (cant remember the spelling) was given its own fora. Nothing against the watch brand but wanted to know why. The mod explained why and then banned me. Don't delete my two posts about it, explain why and then ban me. I would have been ok with the explanation and I would have moved on.

I can't believe the amount of posts my thread has received. I appreciate all the support. I love the site for gen talk and selling and buying of gens. I want my username back because of the time and effort I put in it to build my rep. I'll give the rep forums a shot on my gen fix. I have found the rep sites more fun and to my liking.

After having problems logging into this site over the past two months it is great to be back. I experienced the other two fora but must say this is my first destination (no disrespect to the other two fora).

You'll also find there are more than a few gen owners here as well. We're sort of a laissez-faire sort of place. Whatever blows your skirt up (except Ken ... please no more skirts, okay?)