When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can reps hold up to golf?

bords

Dumb question but I'm new to the rep world. I golfed with my gen Tag for 10 years with no problems. Curious if folks golf with their reps? I have some watches on the way and wonder if the A7750 and A7753 are any more sensitive to shock.

Tia!

i wear my reps when having a swing -including the 7750's. Great way to get a good charge :1a: I haven't had any probs and they seem to hold up to the treatment as well as any of my gens.

If the hands are on good shouldn't be a problem, unless you were planning on using your watch as the ball.

You are right. But you aren't going to know if the hands are on good until you lend a watch to someone with a two-handed back hand and see whether they return it with a hand or two at the bottom of the dial. This has only happened to me on two chrono's. They were the Asian 7750's and it hasn't happened in a couple of years. It actually ended up costing me a ton of money as my wife will never wear reps again. :lol:

I always wear a watch when I golf......heck, I always wear a watch.

Never had an issue rep or otherwise. Unless you are a hack, a good golf swing doesn't impart a lot of impact to the hands/wrists.

I used to be a 4hdcp, and when you make a pure golf swing, impact can't even be felt. I always said a good swing felt better than sex.....then I found a woman that made me change my mind :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Play on......

I stay clear of wearing chronos on the course, as the first time I did, it moved one of the subdial hands. I then switched to an ill running canal street Bentley that was loosing 10 minutes a day, but was still accurate enough for a few hours of golf. Funny thing is that after a few rounds of golf, the loosing time issue miraculously cured itself. The Bentley was way too big however, and I found my wrist was starting to ache, so I started wearing an UPO on rubber. Again, I found it to be two big, and the crown was digging in to my wrist. In fact after about 12 holes I would always find that the screw down crown had worked its way loose fron constantly contacting my wrist. I have finally settled on using a vintage Rolex Milgauss on a brown crock strap. I can understand why Phil Michelson (one of the only pro golfers I actually see wearing a watch during play) wears a similar sized rolex. Very comfortable, and since I made the switch my game has actually improved greatly!

I've worn my vintage MBW 1665 for hockey practice sessions for 13 years. Many times that means an HOUR of practicing slapshots. After a really, really tough practice, sometimes I need to reset the time, as the minutes hand has rotated backwards 90 degrees. :whistling: Other than that? No worries.

No way would I wear that big turnip during a game. Sure, the watch would survive it, but I'd get my wrist broken right at the watch. Its height would make a fine leverage point. :stretcher:

The reps still have shock protection...they should be as durable as the gens in this respect. Remember though, they are delicate mini mechanical marvels...so they still wouldn't stand to being bashed by a Big Bertha in frustration from a sand trap landing!!

you must be a bad boy if you use "Big Birtha" in the sand traps, lol :thumbsupsmileyanim: