When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Winter Jackets?

Bobbywaingro

:cold:

North Face McMurdo Parka : come on - get the real deal - not much more then the rep-stuff and keeps your balls warm ;)

Well actually the prices in sweden are about 200$ more than bying it in the US so if i could buy the real deal from the US it would be another ballgame, and it also seems that most US based webshops with more attractive prices are not allowed to sell North Face products outside the US or they don

I might order a Moncler rep jacket, they're pretty cool

but for other NF-type outdoor stuff check out

www.boostoutdoor.com they used to be on iOffer

a lot of branded stuff and I've ordered about 3 times from them, a total of 5 or 6 garments. Be warned though, the sizes are conservative.

So a US medium would be Ex Large, UK/EU medium is Large

best use the dimension chart to check.

To be more explicit, if you only believe that replica merchandise is thinly disguised junk then you've missed the point of this web forum and our community. We find and share sources of honestly good replica merchandise.

Read the reviews and make up your own mind.

To be more explicit, if you only believe that replica merchandise is thinly disguised junk then you've missed the point of this web forum and our community. We find and share sources of honestly good replica merchandise.

Read the reviews and make up your own mind.

We're talking about rep clothing. Not watches.

If you think the quality in rep clothing is the same as that of rep watches, then, if I may so quote my new friend Jkay, "You fail!"

Bobby,

There are some things I will play with as reps, but when it comes to my life, nothing beats real gear. Especially if you're exposed to genuinely cold weather, a parka will save your life. Do not rely on second best.

For that reason, don't buy TNF. They were good 20 years ago but they've rested on their laurels too long. Sure, their Himalayan parka is still nice but forget the price. And for anything but the most extreme conditions you'll sweat into the 800 fill down and it loses its insulation ability.

You cannot go wrong with the "three Ms" ... Mountain Hardwear, Marmot and Moonstone. I wear Moonstone shells because they simply WILL NOT wear out. Bulletproof Gore-tex. Mountain Hardwear makes the warmest sleeping bags, period. Try a King Tut sometime. Marmot makes (IMHO) the best parkas. I use the Whitehorse parka for camping down to -40F and it's never let me down. Plus it's waterproof with taped seams so your down stays dry. And it costs about the same as TNF.

Marmot Whitehorse parka

Another point: avoid parkas with the soft, tearable outer layer. Yes, they stuff nicely but that matters to like, 10 people. The rest of us want a coat that does not tear and leak feathers.

Bobby,

There are some things I will play with as reps, but when it comes to my life, nothing beats real gear. Especially if you're exposed to genuinely cold weather, a parka will save your life. Do not rely on second best.

For that reason, don't buy TNF. They were good 20 years ago but they've rested on their laurels too long. Sure, their Himalayan parka is still nice but forget the price. And for anything but the most extreme conditions you'll sweat into the 800 fill down and it loses its insulation ability.

You cannot go wrong with the "three Ms" ... Mountain Hardwear, Marmot and Moonstone. I wear Moonstone shells because they simply WILL NOT wear out. Bulletproof Gore-tex. Mountain Hardwear makes the warmest sleeping bags, period. Try a King Tut sometime. Marmot makes (IMHO) the best parkas. I use the Whitehorse parka for camping down to -40F and it's never let me down. Plus it's waterproof with taped seams so your down stays dry. And it costs about the same as TNF.

Marmot Whitehorse parka

Another point: avoid parkas with the soft, tearable outer layer. Yes, they stuff nicely but that matters to like, 10 people. The rest of us want a coat that does not tear and leak feathers.

+100 :clapping:

• 3 weeks later...

Not a replica but this is by far the greatest Jacket I have ever owned. The materials and craftsmanship is spectacular. There are a half a dozen different materials and textures used to make this jacket which makes it awesome. It has a ton of pockets that are large and usable. The lining in the hood is cozy and unlike any jacket I own. This jacket will last you a decade or longer, it is really well made. I live in Denver and use it on snow days, if you're in a cold climate it will be the answer to your problems! No affiliation I just love their product. Especially this particular jacket.

Google Wellensteyn SIBERIA

21.jpg

22.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got a Chinese Moncler straight from Beijing this week (thanks bionic tim :good:) Pretty accurate and feels like being of quite good quality! But I guess only time will truly tell.. :)

Update: Been using the jacket for about a month now in windy minus degrees (celsius) with snow and I must say I'm very impressed with it in terms of keeping me warm. Of course I wouldn't use it while being on a Antarctic expedition since my life would depend on it - but as a fashion garment in the city during winter I can highly recommend it! :thumbsupsmileyanim: