When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 11.6" Macbook Air

redwatch

I really like it-- except for the glossy screen. (This is becoming an industry wide cancer. Glossy screens are the computer equivalent to chrome bumpers on cars-- pretty in the showroom, or nice for photo/video presentation in a room with controlled lighting).

Finally, the product I have wanted since 2008. I might actually get this and retire my eeePC netbook finally. I might have to live with the damn glossy screen.

Bootcamp it, or VMWare it, and it will probably do most of what I need in a mobile package.

Agreed on the glossy screen. My MBP 15" has the anti-glare HD screen, and I love it!!! It's the best looking laptop screen I've seen to date, and I have a really, really hard time going back to the glossy screen of my girlfriends Macbook. Sure they make the blacks look better (in a dark room), but the glossy screen is so annoying in well lit rooms.

I heard it described as an iPad with a keyboard and trackpad. Sounds wonderful.

Except the iPad is a crippled web device thumbdown.gif .

This baby runs full OS-X, and with BootCamp, Parallels, or VMWare -- ANY Operating system. I am most likely going to get one, and see if it can handle all of my VMWare's, (Win XP, Win 7, Ubuntu 10, BackTrack, Knoppix, etc)....

I just looked it up. If I have it right than holy cow. It looks like Ipad meets Netbook on Steroids. If it starts up in like 15 seconds, can do everything a real computer can including all the Office stuff and has big battery life it will certainly fit a need - mine. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Couldn't agree more. This will be the perfect "couch potato" laptop. Light, efficient, cool running :D