When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pre-Order for 1:1 Swiss Corundum Luminor Crystals has begun

BigCrown

Pre-Order has begun:

www.swisscorundum.instantecom.net

Pre-order will end mid-November!:D

You can order them through the website setup specifically for this order. (keeps things simple).

i will be posting the blue print next week! :cowboy:

Very excited about this! If you have not read the description post, here is it:

*****************interest thread*******************

I am thinking of having 1:1 crystals made out of genuine Swiss Corundum sapphire.

I have been working with genuine Panerai and high-end Frankens for about 8 years now and I am stuck on OEM crystals. I love the 'poured in' look of the OEM crystals and have not found a rep crystal that comes close.

Clarity: my Eddie Lee crystals are the right shape and height but are not clear enough. When viewed out of the watch, they are pink or cloudy. I have learned this is because the Sapphire they used is from China, Taiwan or HK. The crystal has impurities which give it the haze or color. Same can be said from the Texas based 'whole sale outlet' crystals. Awesome product but dirty sapphire! You can even see the pink hue in this photo from the 'Texas' crystals:

Screenshot2010-10-31at94428AM.png

OEM Example: I will of course be donating an OEM crystal for each run and they are guaranteed to be 1:1 with a tolerance of +/- 0.02mm

Screenshot2010-10-31at94849AM.png

Screenshot2010-10-31at94237AM.png

I am thinking of first having Luminor Crystals (44mm) done first. POssibly a 212, 253 dome (because it has never been done), and a PAM 127/217/203 monster dome sapphire.

AR: I am not interested in having AR put on these at this time. I will consider, but most people are doing pre-V builds at this time and are removing the AR anyway.

Date models: sorry i will not be willing to take the risk of the date mag window. This is a huge investment to make these and there is too much opportunity for a defect with the date magus...sorry!

Corundum Sapphire used by Panerai: Swiss Corundum is extremely costly but will be worth it. So my question: would you buy a 1:1 Luminor Crystal for $160? Pre-order $110?

I hope this project gets off the ground. If I get enough interest and do a pre-order actually have the crystals done and shipped in about 5 weeks.

Thank you fellow Geeks!

Screenshot2010-10-31at94950AM.pngScreenshot2010-10-31at95005AM.png

Great news B! Thanks for this opportunity.

Would this crystal would be appropriate for the 5218-201?

000?

Yes :)

My manufacturer has convinced me after inspecting my OEM examples that we will not be able to pick our the OEM. This is something I have always wanted and am very pleased to bring this to the community. 2011 will be a HUGE year for our hobby:

-1:1 cases are very close (you'll see what I mean soon)

-1:1 casebacks will be out soon with custom engravings from Jakob (proper weight and signed swiss made on the inside with Cotes de Geneve)

-these 1:1 corundum Sapphire crystals

What will be next? :)

Yes :)

My manufacturer has convinced me after inspecting my OEM examples that we will not be able to pick our the OEM. This is something I have always wanted and am very pleased to bring this to the community. 2011 will be a HUGE year for our hobby:

-1:1 cases are very close (you'll see what I mean soon)

-1:1 casebacks will be out soon with custom engravings from Jakob (proper weight and signed swiss made on the inside with Cotes de Geneve)

-these 1:1 corundum Sapphire crystals

What will be next? :)

GREAT NEWS...

:thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...