When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's made for the Vatican because...

JoJo35

What a load of Crap! Either the seller is an outright liar, or whomever Rolex on 5th Avenue is should change the sign outside from Rolex to Timex. Obviously he asked the stock boy to "authenticate" the watch. Unfortunately, this is another example of Ebay fraud, or a gullible seller who was led astray by so called Rolex experts.Pretty nice watch, but I would expect the asking price is off by one zero (-)

The guy has limited selling experience on the bay and private listings for some reason. But he's bought a fair amount- 95% of his feedback is from buying. Obviously he knows very little about Rolex, can't even give us a model # and it certainly looks like a very nice $5000 watch to me. Clearly the guys a liar, but has he technically commited a crime?

Clearly the guys a liar, but has he technically commited a crime?

Well, he has enough weasel words in the listing to give him a bit of cover:

"...might have been made for the Vatican."

"...probably made for the Vatican."

"It may have been made for one our Popes [sic]. If so it does not belong on ebay." (I love that last bit.)

I don't know if he's committed a crime, but I want him excommunicated immediately. :pray:

LOL, LH! Even though I'm not Catholic, I second the motion for excommunication! Using the Pope's name in vain.

JoJo, on second look, my valuation would be 3.5K to 5K if everything is up to snuff. It has books, and a high end box! I wonder if he was bidding it up also.