When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's official, new a7753 236/250 is no longer

Guest Sql_pl

would someone be kind enough to list any members that will both service and lume one of these and i'll get in touch with them. Planning on ordering one and have it shipped direct to be serviced etc then sent to me in Australia. Thanks guys

What sort of service we are talking about? Would depend on people's location, the US folks have some options we can't utilise from EU, in EU there is Domi who does it, but that would be best dealt with on individual basis. I noted the cartel guys along with Angus offer some movement service, but I would not rely on this very much, best way is to study the watch and work out what needs to be done first, then send it to your "local" watchsmith (The Zigmeister, Vac etc in the North America, and Domi in the EU). I am not even aware of anybody in the UK since Finepics got fed up with us...

Guest Daytona1984

i'd want to get it relumed anyway, so no big deal for me. The real question is whether or not they have fixed the CG problems :)

But for those who would not be reluming, that is gawd awful luming :whistling:

hey buddy,

where are you doing the lume mod of the dial? i think it will be quite difficult to do a good lume job on this one especially to lume the small numbers in the sub dial...

Guest Daytona1984

LOL

Wearing mine right now relumed by Vac

IMG00685-20100920-1345.jpg

that looks amazing! is this picture really taken after Vac did the lume job on the dial? look at those sub dial numbers! incredible...

Just to add to lume discussion - I received A7753 196 from King few days ago (I received QC pictures 10 days ago), and lume is pretty much the same as on 250 I got two months ago, not better not worse - definitely not "alien" green as seen on some pictures in this thread. I would presume this green was result of some strange combination of over-saturation and wrong white balance setting on digital camera used to take pictures, but I guess time will tell :)

regards

hey buddy,

where are you doing the lume mod of the dial? i think it will be quite difficult to do a good lume job on this one especially to lume the small numbers in the sub dial...

My ETA7753 250 was relumed by Hijack (I bought it from him), who also did the small numbers on the sub dial. At the time I also had a 7750 250 that had been relumed by The Zigmeister, but he hadn't relumed that sub-dial. The Hijack reluming was just as strong and the same colour as the The Zigmeister one, so I was quite happy :)

However, the only one that I'd want now is the 251, maybe 196, neither have luming on the small sub-dial numbers.

The Zigmeister has said that he relumes those small digits as well.

No longer as good out of the box.

There is a subtitle.

And yes, if you tend to relume all your watches it is ok, but the lume color was perfect earlier and now they send them with alien green weirdo lume on dial. Then again we have a chance to see non-matching 236/250s thanks to that! :)

No longer as good out of the box.

There is a subtitle.

And yes, if you tend to relume all your watches it is ok, but the lume color was perfect earlier and now they send them with alien green weirdo lume on dial. Then again we have a chance to see non-matching 236/250s thanks to that! :)

Ah, I keep overlooking those subtitles.

I seem to remember that sccording to The Zigmeister's last review, the lume was an improvement but still nowhere near gen lume. But this is definitely a step backward ... hopefully just a bad batch of dials/lume.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah...looking at the pics and comparing it with my ETA 7753 daylight, the lume on the new ones are too green. It should be a hint of green but that can be easily remedied by relume along with service of course. The improvement of the datewheel is huge because until now, there is no way around it unless you get the ETA 7753 version.

Does anyone know if the movement is truly a copy of the ETA 7753 and not a modified A7750 as in the PAM 288's?? I have not seen any review or breakdown on this...perhaps I missed it.