When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

finally an iPod Nano watch I'd wear

ispytonyv

Not a bad looking watch to be honest

That is what i was thinking for running, but i am yet to find a head set or ear phones that i like to wear

eBay "super.fi4 vi " they're in-ear buds with phone control, eBay has them from dodgy HK distributors for 35-40 bucks delivered, they are absolutely fantastic, 26dB noise isolation, brilliant :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Give the size of the Nano case, do you think it takes a 22 or 24 mm strap?

i finally got around to backing this record breaking kickstarter project. here's some q & a on the straps ...

Q: Is the watch strap replaceable?

A: Yes.

Q: What is the width of the armband? (I'm thinking of trying to throw a leather band on one of the LunaTik's for a more business-y look to wear to the office)

A: The strap width is 28mm.

Q: Does the strap size accommodate large wrists?

A: The straps comfortably accommodate 5" to 8.5" wrists with a couple notches to spare.

Q: How do I order a replacement strap?

A: Once we have our operations set up with a fulfillment partner we will arrange a way for customers to order replacement straps.

i finally got around to backing this record breaking kickstarter project. here's some q & a on the straps ...

Q: Is the watch strap replaceable?

A: Yes.

Q: What is the width of the armband? (I'm thinking of trying to throw a leather band on one of the LunaTik's for a more business-y look to wear to the office)

A: The strap width is 28mm.

Q: Does the strap size accommodate large wrists?

A: The straps comfortably accommodate 5" to 8.5" wrists with a couple notches to spare.

Q: How do I order a replacement strap?

A: Once we have our operations set up with a fulfillment partner we will arrange a way for customers to order replacement straps.

Tough times on the horizon for Wheaton... IPod wristwatch, Panerai 312... I feel for you my friend :)

I have to say that they are doing a great PR job on this project. I find myself almost proud to be backing it. They have really done well to keep people in the loop on progress and make them feel a part of the process. Backing an up and coming company is cool....getting a nifty product out of it is even better.

• 1 month later...

eBay "super.fi4 vi " they're in-ear buds with phone control, eBay has them from dodgy HK distributors for 35-40 bucks delivered, they are absolutely fantastic, 26dB noise isolation, brilliant :)

Hey subbie,

I checked ebay and those are wired earphones. Do you have a link, or info, on where I can find those wireless earphones you're talking about? Thanks in advance.

z

Hey subbie,

I checked ebay and those are wired earphones. Do you have a link, or info, on where I can find those wireless earphones you're talking about? Thanks in advance.

z

Z,

I think you meant Wheaton26, he was looking for a wireless solution. I was making a reference to FxrAndy who was asking about good quality headphones.

I'm sure they'll work up a solution soon, the next version will have to come out with in-built Bluetooth.

I'm jealous of all the Lunatik owners, let's get some pics up! :)

Z,

I think you meant Wheaton26, he was looking for a wireless solution. I was making a reference to FxrAndy who was asking about good quality headphones.

I'm sure they'll work up a solution soon, the next version will have to come out with in-built Bluetooth.

I'm jealous of all the Lunatik owners, let's get some pics up! :)

Yeah looks like I got confused. Thanks for clearing things up. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 weeks later...

After wearing it around for a few days my only annoyance is that it always goes to sleep. So you have to wake it up to see the time. Almost as bad as using a cell phone for a time piece. I suppose the battery wouldn't last but a few hours if it was always on but still. For me I probably won't use it as a watch but a handy MP3 player for when I ride my motorcycle.

wats the battery life for those things as a watch?

well, you first have to set your nano to "time on wake". this allows the clock face to be the first screen you see when you power on or wake up your nano. to answer your question, you can't use it as a watch full time. once you power on or wake up your nano, the clock face will show for one minute only before going back to sleep. i would suspect the battery would die pretty fast otherwise. this is more of a novelty than anything else. but pretty cool nonetheless. so when you need to see the time, you simply press the button on the side. all the best.