When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"take that sh*t off"

Irontomkidd

i would have bought 2 Rolexes in a heartbeat and not your fashion s*it!

+1 for the 2 Rolexs :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have to say I like the look of the all ceramic Bang but I would never spend the money on a gen, I just don’t see it. To tell the truth the rep is at the bottom of my list because I think it is too much $ for what it is, I may get one someday but it won’t be soon.

hes right in some points like it or not,

but here...

"So the fake is a social problem of Europe and America, who put more emphasis and more importance on the appearance than on the reality. It’s like in some hospitals or hotels, the entry is beautiful, but don’t go on the first floor. Once you have arrived at the elevator and then you look at the rooms–they are horrible! But the entry–wow! Marble! Brilliant! It looks great from the entry, but the inside it’s horrible. And so that is this fake culture which we have in Europe and probably also here, where people buy fakes. I think it’s a good sign for our success–I think it’s the sign of poverty from Europeans and Americans."

yeah hublot, outside looks like million bucks ceramic bezel blabla, but inside a [censored] eta for a price of more than rolex.

design is also AP ripoff

but the customer base hes aiming at, wouldnt care anyway. which also makes him ok as elitist or [censored]

One of the great things about this hobby is it can make you laugh....

And this interview is a great example of what makes this hobby so great !!....:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I know huh!! Spring Drive; 30 years in development, accuracy of a quartz without a battery, the worlds ONLY spring driven movement with a TRUE SWEEPING seconds hand. Most models at around $4k to $7k US. That's world class development for a world class product!!

B)

Come on now SC,It's not Swiss made,those japanese dont know what there doing ;)

This is great stuff. Of course Biver is upset, because reps undermine all of the money and effort he is spending to create a "brand", which is itself a fake concept. Our fakes cost less than his fakes.

I'm reading "Masters of Contemporary Watchmaking" right now (fantastic read!), and it's changed my whole perspective on watches in the $20k range (having tried on a $20k ice bang at AD). If I could afford it, I don't think I'd even go with a "historical" company like Patek or VC. There are supremely talented watchmakers today that can build you a beautiful piece of their own design, by hand, with hand tools from start to finish, making every or nearly every piece completely from scratch. Since they have no marketing or "brand" budget, the price of the watch is basically materials plus the watchmaker's time. And of course you get a one-of-a-kind piece.

I'm in love with this piece right now which IMO just *kills* a comparable calatrava

http://www.rwsmithwatches.com/static/static.php?lang=en&mode=series&page=1

This is great stuff. Of course Biver is upset, because reps undermine all of the money and effort he is spending to create a "brand", which is itself a fake concept. Our fakes cost less than his fakes.

I'm reading "Masters of Contemporary Watchmaking" right now (fantastic read!), and it's changed my whole perspective on watches in the $20k range (having tried on a $20k ice bang at AD). If I could afford it, I don't think I'd even go with a "historical" company like Patek or VC. There are supremely talented watchmakers today that can build you a beautiful piece of their own design, by hand, with hand tools from start to finish, making every or nearly every piece completely from scratch. Since they have no marketing or "brand" budget, the price of the watch is basically materials plus the watchmaker's time. And of course you get a one-of-a-kind piece.

I'm in love with this piece right now which IMO just *kills* a comparable calatrava

Nice B)

If I had that money to spend, I think I'd be inclined to go handmade too! :)

while I agree there's a lot of markup with the big houses, what you gain by going VC, Patek and AP is longevity. Chances are 30 yrs from now those houses will be able to service a timepiece you buy today. The small boutiques may not so if you need parts or services you will be out of luck.

On Hublot, granted they've done a good job a grabbing the attention, specially with the big bang. But after that they became solely a marketing machine and their value in the industry is dubious. I wish they would stop playing with a color wheel and get serious with movements and new designs.

There are just so many things wrong with this guy (Biver) & his loud/obnoxious watches (1 of the darling brands of Madeoff & many of the other Wall Street elites that criminalized the world's financial systems) that I would not even know where to begin. But James May has a word that sums it all up nicely - cock.