When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"take that sh*t off"

Irontomkidd

"It’s also the sign that people are cheating. When you buy a counterfeit Kelly bag or Vuitton or Rolex watch or Hublot watch, you are just cheating. It shows how much you are depressed and how much you are a poor person because you need–you think–to overcome your frustration, and you cheat to get your frustration out of your body. Normal people never cheat! They just are happy to buy what they can afford. But they don’t cheat, and they don’t try to look as if they could when they cannot, because every evening when you come back home and take your sh*t off of your wrist, you will say, “What a poor guy I am. I have again tried to cheat the whole day.” You must be so happy to come back home and take that sh*t off." :rofl:

Interview

Normal people never cheat! They just are happy to buy what they can afford.

:D

I think you just found the reason why normal people are so boooring. Materialism rapes our souls every day, so why not take some revenge. :bleh:

It's almost like he's trying to sell a massively expensive, overpriced item that he wants to market as 'unobtainable to mere mortals' and therefore make retain its value in the longer term by proclaiming that you are a bad person if you want it on the cheap.

Oh, wait... ;)

Well mr Biver it looks like you are a pompus ass,no suprises realy. I kinda feel sorry for the folks that buy one of your $10.00-20.00 watches, thats right Jean-Claude. People that are so Insecure that they have to validate there worth by spending a absured amount of money to show that they are successful. I on the other hand I get around 95% of what they get for pennies on the dollar. The really neat thing about my replicas Is they tell me the time of day,who would of thought Jean?. Whats realy sad is you are going to call me a cheat when I have cheated no one. When you look at the prices that you charge for your watches..... well who's the real cheat here? I guess your [censored] off because you know that a $300-600 rep Is almost as good as your multi thousand dollar watch,come on now Jean,you know It's true. I bet if you were making a profit off of reps that you would not mind as much. The thing Is Jean most of the people I know who wear reps are genuine types. Most of the people I know or have seen that wear these rediculously priced watches are phoneys/fake. Come on now,you know it's true. Im sure you have a lot of phoney friends,see what I tell ya. :D Well me and my cheaten ass has got to go now,good day to you sir :chinese: (ps) Hey Jean,where can I get the best sub :victory:

Pretty strong words, especially considering that before the '90s, Hublot did not even exist. Hublot, for the most part, has no real history in watch making and its only claim to fame is the Big Bang series which, and correct me if I am wrong here, had its ceramic bezels manufactured by Kyocera, an Asian based corporation. I've got nothing against the Big Bang, its actually an interesting looking watch that I had considered trying myself. Makers like Hublot, AP, Omega,TAG Heuer, Rolex, et.al., are all real good with marketing and putting themselves close to the well-to-do out there in the world trying to bring up the brand as being "exclusive". Its funny though, makers like Patek, Breguet, and VC have always been regarded as world class watches, exclusive in their own right, without the need for such marketing.

Strong words indeed Mr. Biver, if I were a psychiatrist, I believe the term I would use would be "deflection". It seems as though having China about beating you at the game makes you lash out at the world, calling people sad, depressed, and poor. You really do not know all people, and I wonder just how many potential "real" customers you may have had get turned away from such words.

They are only watches folks, I say, live and let live. If they claim that reps have no real effect on their growth, then why should they really care about what China does with reps and who owns them. You want to be considered a "world class", "exclusive" brand, develop a world class product that most people will be able to justify having, like Seiko. I'd take a Seiko Spring Drive over a Hublot any day, and at a fraction of the cost.

My .02

Cheers B)

Pretty strong words, especially considering that before the '90s, Hublot did not even exist. Hublot, for the most part, has no real history in watch making and its only claim to fame is the Big Bang series which, and correct me if I am wrong here, had its ceramic bezels manufactured by Kyocera, an Asian based corporation. I've got nothing against the Big Bang, its actually an interesting looking watch that I had considered trying myself. Makers like Hublot, AP, Omega,TAG Heuer, Rolex, et.al., are all real good with marketing and putting themselves close to the well-to-do out there in the world trying to bring up the brand as being "exclusive". Its funny though, makers like Patek, Breguet, and VC have always been regarded as world class watches, exclusive in their own right, without the need for such marketing.

Strong words indeed Mr. Biver, if I were a psychiatrist, I believe the term I would use would be "deflection". It seems as though having China about beating you at the game makes you lash out at the world, calling people sad, depressed, and poor. You really do not know all people, and I wonder just how many potential "real" customers you may have had get turned away from such words.

They are only watches folks, I say, live and let live. If they claim that reps have no real effect on their growth, then why should they really care about what China does with reps and who owns them. You want to be considered a "world class", "exclusive" brand, develop a world class product that most people will be able to justify having, like Seiko. I'd take a Seiko Spring Drive over a Hublot any day, and at a fraction of the cost.

My .02

Cheers B)

As far as your "spring Drive" comment Is concerned. I would choose this movement over 99% of any other Swiss movement/watch.Just my .02

I think he's p1ssed because he can't create anything so unique (like a Patek, VC, RM or AP) to justify the mark up he puts on his watches. We can have the exact same watch (same ETA 7750 movement, parts made from the same materials) for less than 10% of what he charges. When that happens people start wondering why they are paying the markup in the first place.

Granted they've spent a ton of money in R&D and marketing but talk about shallow. Hublots are nothing more than a marketing product with very little horological value.

I think you need to be really poor to buy a gen overpriced Hublot. Poor in judgment ;)

How else do you convince people to buy Big, Ugly watches based on off the shelf movements?

Bingo! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think he's p1ssed because he can't create anything so unique (like a Patek, VC, RM or AP) to justify the mark up he puts on his watches. We can have the exact same watch (same ETA 7750 movement, parts made from the same materials) for less than 10% of what he charges. When that happens people start wondering why they are paying the markup in the first place.

Granted they've spent a ton of money in R&D and marketing but talk about shallow. Hublots are nothing more than a marketing product with very little horological value.

I think you need to be really poor to buy a gen overpriced Hublot. Poor in judgment ;)

:good: There is no substance to the brand, no heritage, nothing that would make me buy a real one!

Funny story...I was in a smaller boutique last summer and tried on a BB, the sales person said and I kid you not "You can buy an excllenet replica for around $500, then if you really like it, come back and see me for the real deal." I nearly fell over!!!

:rofl:

Bingo! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

:good: There is no substance to the brand, no heritage, nothing that would make me buy a real one!

Funny story...I was in a smaller boutique last summer and tried on a BB, the sales person said and I kid you not "You can buy an excllenet replica for around $500, then if you really like it, come back and see me for the real deal." I nearly fell over!!!

:rofl:

Now, there is a salesman!!!!

8)

As far as your "spring Drive" comment Is concerned. I would choose this movement over 99% of any other Swiss movement/watch.Just my .02

I know huh!! Spring Drive; 30 years in development, accuracy of a quartz without a battery, the worlds ONLY spring driven movement with a TRUE SWEEPING seconds hand. Most models at around $4k to $7k US. That's world class development for a world class product!!

B)

Great points by everyone above. +100. Especially the Spring Drive comments~ now that is real innovation!

Normal, Fsck Normal:

• Every normal person, in fact, is only normal on the average. His ego approximates to that of the psychotic in some part or other and to a greater or lesser extent. ~Sigmund Freud
  • Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. ~H. L. Mencken
  • The only normal people are the one's you don't know very well. ~Alfred Adler
  • To be normal is the ideal aim of the unsuccessful. ~Carl Jung
  • When will you understand that being normal isn't necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage.

If someone makes a Mercedes replica that its about 98% of the looks, 90% of the feel, 80% of the performance and 7% of the price wont you buy it?

But this is just imagination because Mercedes arent a product that it is overpriced by 1500%!!!

Dont talk me about sh*ty big hyundai sallons cars, because they are 7% the looks of Merc, 10% of the feel, 40% of the performace and 70% of the price.

For that reason you can think that only a chippy ignorant person will buy it and thinks: Yeah! I have bought a car that its allmost as good as a Merc but for 70% the price!!!

In fact this person you can think that needs instant euthanasia...

Not the same thing about Swiss watches and replicas...

(I think at least, maybe i am wrong...)

Take your fashion, real 1500% overpriced watch JCB and put it in your *ss.

I think that just has fallen off there before a minute...

If i had 10000 euros to buy a watch, i would have bought 2 Rolexes in a heartbeat and not your fashion s*it!

And sorry me about my bad English...

Isnt my mother language...

Edited by laskos

This has got to be my favorite interview of the year! I couldn't help but crack up at his comments. You've gotta give it to him for speaking his mind.. not every CEO can come across as such a world class a-hole, elitist so plainly.

Had my go at a Hublot Stainless Steel and a Rose Gold Tuiga and they didn't do it for me. Interesting? yes. Innovative? maybe. Worth it? no.

Anyone remember Gerald Ratner? While JCB hasn't said that he sells crap, he's just shown himself as a Grade A Douchebag, so that's not going to do the popularity of himself, or his watches any good :lol: What a tool wanker :bangin:

nb Tools are actually useful...