When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1570 movement cheap

Nanuq

I remember when you could buy a datejust or date for $1000, take the movement and sell off all the gen parts for $400 or so... now just the movement is over a grand all day long.

did this myself last year. Paid $950 for a 1500 and cannibalized it for the movement; same results as Dizzy.

anyone looking for a champagne date-wheel?

$1,100 Buy It Now, item #270654473422

I've been looking at this one. also a couple of others on Ebay. Looks like the prices of old Datejusts are going out of sight. Almost all the "buy it nows" are north of 1500.00 USD, with most hovering around 2k. Pretty insane for a 40 year old watch that's nice, but really nothing special, as I'm sure they made these literally in the hundreds of thousands over it's lifetime.

I' m seriously looking for a 1570 though, I don't want to get stung. I emailed the guy in Canada that has one for sale, he says it's running but needs "Cleaning". So what would that entail? I'm sure Ziggy could do it with no trouble, but that adds to the price of the movement.

Looks like the prices of old Datejusts are going out of sight. .... Pretty insane for a 40 year old watch that's nice, but really nothing special, as I'm sure they made these literally in the hundreds of thousands over it's lifetime.

It bears repeating - pre-1990 DJs are going to become very collectible.

"I remember when you could buy a datejust or date for $1000, take the movement and sell off all the gen parts for $400 or so... now just the movement is over a grand all day long. That was before idiots like us were buying them for evil purposes...."

I think people are rushing to buy older watches before the prices go totally insane and for movement parts because of the 'NPFY' policy.

Sometimes you can run up on a 1520 at a pretty good price. That is what I used in my 1016 project a couple years ago...it was $750 and 1570 were around $1000.

If I was doing a 1016 project today, I would not consider a 1520/70 and use a 2846 to save $$ and because of 'NPFY'.

"It bears repeating - pre-1990 DJs are going to become very collectible."

I remember when the 1570 DJ/OPD etc production fizzled out around 1977 and the QS 3035 came out...slow set DJ/OPD were relatively stable in price until vintage watches became trendy in the late 1980s and awaaay they went.

No Parts For You!

aka NP! FU! :bleh: