When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Prince Date-Day

jmb

I have been looking for a reasonably priced gen Tudor Date-Day dial for quite some time and finally came to the conclusion that Date-Day and reasonable were mutually exclusive terms! :( I had an ETA 2834 I needed to use so I hit my parts guy up for a nice rep black w/silver stick marker dial. I had previously bought some cases which were supposed to be 34mm but the dials fell through the rehaut and the case measures a hair under 36mm and came without movement rings. I decided to keep them and had almost forgotten about them until I got the dial. I popped the dial onto the movement and it dropped right into the case with no spacer needed so I can only assume these cases were meant for a Date-Day. I went through al of my loose crystals and had one that fit but I don't know what number.

This was basically built up from left-overs and odds-and-ends and I fairly pleased at how it turned out. All that remains is to maybe "shorten" the crystal a bit and source a more correct "day" wheel but outside of you guys I doubt anybody around here will know! ;)

Sorry about the lint on the crystal, it has built up a pretty good static charge and all my wiping accomplished was to creat more static and move the dust/lint around!

PDD 1.JPG

PDD 2.JPG

PDD 3.JPG

PDD 4.JPG

I like black and silver dials. Unfortunately this one is somewhat incorrect so my search for a gen dial continues. The line under "Tudor" should read "Oyster Prince" instead of "Prince Oyster". I still don't understand why these rep factories can't get stuff like this correct!

The standard ETA day/date wheels for the 2834 come like that. Tuesday is the second day of the week, hence the 2.

EDITED TO ADD: The convention that Monday is the first day of the week is used in most of the rest of the world, btw. A lot of Seikos come with day wheels that display the roman numerals I through VII instead of the MON through SUN.

Thanks, sneed, I was thinking that the number was a "Sandoz" thing and that maybe just a day name was conventional ETA. Guess a correct day wheel will be a bit harder to come up with than I thought! :-p When this gets around to Sat and Sun the number goes away and they are in red...

Thanks, M, the junk box is just that, mostly a bunch of junk and a few "special" items waiting for better goodies to go along with 'em! I'll probably still wear this as as I said, nobody around here is gonna know one way or the other.