When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seeking the impossible

dieselpower

I recently was helped by fellow members to positively identify a gen bracelet that I have. Only there is a problem.... the bracelet is lacking two of the screw in pins that are used to hold the removable links in place. The bracelet is a 78350. I would like to source a couple of screws but I suspect this is an impossible quest. I hasten to add I have tried some screws from a rep bracelet that I have and they are slightly too thick to insert into the gen links. Anybody have gen spares/know where I could buy some?

Cheers.

I recently was helped by fellow members to positively identify a gen bracelet that I have. Only there is a problem.... the bracelet is lacking two of the screw in pins that are used to hold the removable links in place. The bracelet is a 78350. I would like to source a couple of screws but I suspect this is an impossible quest. I hasten to add I have tried some screws from a rep bracelet that I have and they are slightly too thick to insert into the gen links. Anybody have gen spares/know where I could buy some?

Cheers.

I will check with my guy on Friday.

Kurt

I have also seen a couple of gen links and screws being sold on the bay now and again

I guess guys just sell what they dont need once its sized, though I dont get why!!

You will need to remove/measure 1 of the remaining screws, but most of the watch parts houses (Ofrei, Cousinsuk, etc) sell bracelet screws. You may need to purchase a package of various sizes to find the correct pair, but they are not very expensive.

Another, possibly simpler option, is to take the bracelet to a watchmaker. Most watchmakers have these things lying around & may give them to you for free or for a very small amount.

Mr Slimeball on ebay sells bracelet screws that apparently fit gen oyster links. You could order from him and hope that he sends the correct parts. An AD might sell you some screws if you take the bracelet in with you. I dont see why they wouldnt.... actually yeah its "rolex" so they probably wont...

dizz