When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Saw a funny thing...

dieselpower

There's always something.

My $159 ST19 powered '6263' from 'Paul' 3 or 4 years ago has a flat S, good number and 'units per' spacing on the bezel, with a low profile caseback...but the case is 3 or 4mm too big and uses a 20mm bracelet. :black_eye:

It runs liks a champ though. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I gathered up a smaller case '6263' with a Russkie 3133 and a spare V72 movement but I'm too lazy to tackle another project.

There's a lot of bezel variants for the Daytona. The rounded 'S' is not a tell, as it can be found on both genuine steel bezels and plastic inserts.

I do love the way the flat 'S' looks, though!

Ditto that. The only good tells (from that distance) is the spacing of 110 (too wide & it is aftermarket) & the spacing of the individual letters in UNITS PER HOUR. Also, another way to ID gen bezels is by their flat-top 4s, which appear on all but the last run (or service replacement) of bezels. I have not come across any plastic aftermarket bezels that have both correctly spaced 110s & flat-top 4s like these gens (if you locate such an aftermarket plastic bezel, please post the link here)

RX6241PNYG-01.jpg?1290714728874

RX6263STEELBL-01-01.jpg?1290714754232

RX6240SSDAYTONA-03.jpg?1290714772681