When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with QC Super SD photographs

omega64

Hello,

I have received this photographs of one example of what it is supposed to be a Super SD which is waiting to be shipped to me.

I would like to ask to the Rolex experts its opinion about this example. It seems to be correct, but i have little knowledge. I learn from SSD photographs in the dealers sites and i have no one in my hand ever.

What do you think about this one? Right or wrong?

post-29061-0-38736400-1291121592.jpg

post-29061-0-79766600-1291121657.jpg

post-29061-0-81940300-1291121681.jpg

post-29061-0-17830900-1291121776.jpg

post-29061-0-93611400-1291121858.jpg

post-29061-0-89630000-1291121997.jpg

Can you have one picture were we can se the crystal 'rehault' from the bezel?

IMO: by this picture it's correct for Seadweller.

I will try to ask for that photo, but i do not understand exactly which photo or angle is the needed one.

You want to see the rehault from one side?

Is it possible to source a crystal for a SSD?

Where and how?

Depends on the case. You should be able to find a crystal that fits, and cyclops position isn't an issue for you. If you're lucky, an aftermarket crystal built to gen specifications will fit.

For the third time, feel like sharing where you found this watch and what you paid for it? Or is it a secret?

I can see that this is not the exact corret angle to see thr crystal by side.

post-29061-0-79766600-1291121657.jpg

I understand you want to know source, as i was in the same position last 4 months.

I was scammed by WM9 and lost one in the second hand forum later. I wanted that model. I am a very-few-watches-guy (1).

Watch comes from one authorized dealer.

I did ask all dealers about this one -it took a thousand emails- and one get one example left somewhere after a long wait.

Once shipped, i will tell you everything.

Edited by omega64

Im sure there are still some around in China in the watch markets. They havent been out of production very long so I cant see them being impossible to get. They wouldnt be offered to the dealers anymore so they would have to ask around and source one for you. I bet Mary could find some. She seems more than willing to go hunt down exactly what you want.

As for the pics above, its for sure a SSD and looks like v2. The V1 had an incorrect slightly thinner bezel and braclet where some of the screws were too long.