When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My DW 7032 project - pics added

z3k0

So, most of ingredients already on my desk:

IMG_05201024x769.jpg

Preparing to start working on it, some questions poped up - and since I'm quite newb for all Rolex/Tudor topics, I need some help from experts :drinks:

1. Any idea where to get regular black-on-white date wheel ? I got alternating red-black numbers on movement I bought :(

2. What rep bracelet would fit this case, where to get it ? I tried regular rep modern sub bracelet, and I could fit it with some spring bar bending, but it doesn't look very good. Any suggestion is welcomed.

3. Crown - does it make sense to get gen crown for this, what gen crown is correct for 7032 ? In case I get gen crown, do I need to replace tube also ?

regards

• 2 weeks later...

1. It will probably be pretty hard to find a separate date wheel for the 7734. Tried it myself a couple of months ago without any luck - but was fortuned enough to eliminate the problem by finding a very reasonable priced NOS 7734 with the correct date wheel. I think ebay (and a good pinch of luck) will be your best bet.

2. The 7836 with 380 EL's should the correct bracelet setup for this model. However, gen 380's will need a little bit of modding (some careful bending) for a snug fit on the DW 7032 case. Don't know if there are good 380 rep EL's (if any) out there - but I know most dealers can source the 7836 rep bracelet for you.

3. I think the DW crown is pretty decent. But if you are going for gen, the original 7032 crown should be the 24-700. Those can be found but are pretty expensive and require a 24-7000 tube which is extremely hard to find. Another option is going for a 703 crown, which most gen 7032's has been replaced with during service over the years.

Hope this helps and good luck building your MC! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

just to add my 2 cents in case you're still part hunting..

1. Correct datewheel is pretty hard to source on its own, though I know of a fellow local member who managed to get 2 such correct 7734 datewheels at a steal but his seller does not have any more stock of the datewheels. your best chance is probably to find another movement or donor watch that has the correct datewheel, and then try to sell off your existing movement with the roulette datewheel.

2. I've used a rep 7836 folded links bracelet with rep 358 endlinks, taken off a 1655 McQueen rep that's easily available from Josh/Andrew or other dealers. Fits the DW case like a glove and did not require any modding.

3. The correct gen crown is a 24-700 twinlock crown. It's pretty easy to find the gen crown at a decent price, but the gen tube is a b*tch to source for at a good price. A fellow RWG member, marsupilami had made some tubes to fit the gen 24-700 twinlock crown, which is what i'm using to fit my gen crown though it does require some modding to fit.

just to share on my build.. DW case + dial + hands, gen 24-700 crown, gen T128 crystal, rep 7836 bracelet with 358 ELs.. couple more minor tweaks left to go (Yuki hands, gen springbars)..

ae46423c.jpg

6570a46e.jpg

Thanks everyone for suggestions and answers! I assembled watch few days ago, with parts that I had. Roulette datewheel doesn't bother me that much, so I guess it'll stay for a while. I ordered 7836 bracelet from Mary (I hope it has 358 endlinks, like one that burnz used) - and if it's the same bracelet as one from J&A, I guess I have bracelet problem solved :)

DW crown doesn't look that bad for start, dial is great, I brushed the bezel, and ordered set of hands from Yuki. Only thing that currently bugs me is crystal, I haven't managed to source T128 yet (for a reasonable price, that is - I'm not paying ~US$300 for piece of plastic), but I'll try to pull some connections that I have in next few weeks.

One thing that I noticed on DWs set is problem with small hands - in my set both small hands have 0.30 tubes, and 7734 movement have small seconds post 0.20, and chrono minutes 0.30 - so, small seconds hand is unusable without tube transplant, or some gluing. Like you can see on pictures, I used replacement hand for small seconds (from 7750 movement), until I decide what to do with it.

Sine this thread is probably worthless without pics - here are some:

_MG_8416.jpg

_MG_8421.jpg

_MG_8431.jpg

_MG_8432.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone !

The build is looking very good. Great photography, too! :v:

If I had to pick one nit, it's that the Tudor shield looks crooked in the next-to-last picture. I only bring it up because I had the same issue on my dial, and it slowly drove me crazy until it was fixed.

Thanks, your posts about your 7032 were very informative, definitely very helpful during my build. You are right about shield, now that you mentioned it I also spotted it - it's crooked, just a little bit, but not completely straight ... so, how did you fix it ? Does it have to be removed from dial, and then reattached or it can be just slightly pushed to right position ?

I just received nice new MC style NATO from Timefactors, I think it will do until my bracelet arrives from Mary (it seems delays in shipments from China are quite dramatic lately)

IMG_0628.jpg

regards

You are right about shield, now that you mentioned it I also spotted it - it's crooked, just a little bit, but not completely straight ... so, how did you fix it ? Does it have to be removed from dial, and then reattached or it can be just slightly pushed to right position ?

The shield is held in place by pegs lodged in a pair of holes. Per ChiMan12's advice, I was able to poke it out with a needle, make the necessary adjustments, then affix it with the least amount of glue possible. And if you happen to have a gen Tudor dial that you're willing to sacrifice, you could pluck the shield off that! The one on DW's is a bit thick, though not enough for me to mind.

IMHO only the dial & hands need to be made a little bit vintage and you have a winner there...

thank you. :rolleyes:

Just for info.....

Juki modded hands ( Dw one are off ) ,

custom little hands with Silver centre pin ( DW one are totally off ) ,

dial little vintagiged, this according to a lot of gen pictures study .

nice to see you have finally managed to complete the build of this one..

IMHO only the dial & hands need to be made a little bit vintage and you have a winner there...

I just got the info from Mr. Spin that my MC is completed and ready to be shipped..:victory:

Thanks, I hope you will get yours soon! Better start wearing some smaller watches to get used to it, this thing is tiny compared to 44/47 mm PAMs ;)

Once I receive Yuki hands, I'll see what to do with dial - I guess I'll have to at least relume it with some vintage color lume, so to match Yuki hands.

regards