When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Real AP Diver is out! (Teaser Pic)

edgematic1

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are my first opinions after viewing the pics:

• 300m/1000ft AUTOMATIC text is the wrong font

• hour markers: need thinner surroundings, more lume

• hour markers at 12 should be next to each other, without a gap

• the bezel ring needs lume

• the date cyclopse window needs to be a bit bigger, now it is perfect for the scuba versions (scuba boutique, wempe & bartorelli) though

• the endlinks on the genuine article stick a bit out above the case
  • AR on the cyclops & crystal would be nice...

and hands are wrong, hour and minute

Dani- It is a great rep except for the lack of lume on the rotating inner bezel. And you can fix that. The case is superb. You do have to live with the markers and date section. In spite of people's complaints it is a damn good rep for $300.

How close do you see this to the gen, will a non diver AP owner see its rep after a relume?

Cheers

How close do you see this to the gen, will a non diver AP owner see its rep after a relume?

Cheers

Is this really interesting? I wear my rep watches because I love their design, I don´t wear them to cheat people or make me appear like a millionaire.

I cannot afford a new gen watch every month and I get tired of my watches very fast...would be a major loss to allways buy gen.

Anyway, if you fear to meet someone who will spot this AP DIVER as a fake, you should not buy it...easy :lol:

Theo

Dani- It is a great rep except for the lack of lume on the rotating inner bezel. And you can fix that. The case is superb. You do have to live with the markers and date section. In spite of people's complaints it is a damn good rep for $300.

Wow, that says alot about this watch! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Will you be getting this one, W? ^_^

Wow, that says alot about this watch! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Will you be getting this one, W? ^_^

I will. But I need to finish up one more project. What I am wondering is if they will do a second Boutique version. The earlier boutique versions have a more similar date section and no AR. It is the first watch I will have bought that can't be frankened in a long time. My guess is that you need a gen movement (3120) to use a gen dial due to date alignment. It isn't perfect as no rep is but with a lume on the inner bezel it should be good to go for my purposes.

I will. But I need to finish up one more project. What I am wondering is if they will do a second Boutique version. The earlier boutique versions have a more similar date section and no AR. It is the first watch I will have bought that can't be frankened in a long time. My guess is that you need a gen movement (3120) to use a gen dial due to date alignment. It isn't perfect as no rep is but with a lume on the inner bezel it should be good to go for my purposes.

Thanks for the reply, W... Knowing you, I'd put my money on you eventually swapping a gen dial/movt/inner bezel with this one, if the C factory doesn't come up with something better. Well, RWG has come to expect you doing stuff like that! :p

Sent from my HDroid2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, W... Knowing you, I'd put my money on you eventually swapping a gen dial/movt/inner bezel with this one, if the C factory doesn't come up with something better. Well, RWG has come to expect you doing stuff like that! :p

I do love to do frankens and I am sure most of the parts will be available. But I don't thoink this one is a candidate for a Franken as I suspect you need the actual AP movement (Calibre 3120) and that will be thousands of $. A number of years ago I waterlogged a gen AP Royal Oak and when I brought it to AP for a repair quote they insisted on replacing the movement and it was $2-3 thousand. That 3120 has one of the most stunning gold rotors you will ever see. It is a work of art unto itself. I think you buy this one to do a relume (and AR if you have the patience) and call it a day.

I do love to do frankens and I am sure most of the parts will be available. But I don't thoink this one is a candidate for a Franken as I suspect you need the actual AP movement (Calibre 3120) and that will be thousands of $. A number of years ago I waterlogged a gen AP Royal Oak and when I brought it to AP for a repair quote they insisted on replacing the movement and it was $2-3 thousand. That 3120 has one of the most stunning gold rotors you will ever see. It is a work of art unto itself. I think you buy this one to do a relume (and AR if you have the patience) and call it a day.

Yup, i know all about AP always wanting to replacing their movements (note to self to make a trip down to the AD to drool over the Cal. 3120). :p

And yes W, I totally agree that a relume & AR will suffice. Thanks! :victory:

This is the 3120. If I had one I'd put on my Royal Oak display caseback though not on a closed caseback ;)

audemars-piguet-calibre-3120-493x620.jpg

and if you could have access to AP's facilities you could get close to one of these

ap-visit08-12.jpg

This is the 3120. If I had one I'd put on my Royal Oak display caseback though not on a closed caseback ;)

audemars-piguet-calibre-3120-493x620.jpg

and if you could have access to AP's facilities you could get close to one of these

ap-visit08-12.jpg

I'll take 10 of those, please. :p

Those pics give me a watch woodie. :bangin: I wonder how much the rotor alone is. I once brought a Breguet in and the Boutique wanted to charge me $2200 for the rotor and not return the original Gee, what do you think those repairman do with all that precious metal? :whistling:

Yeah, got me a woodie too. :lol: One wonders what they do with all that stuff. :p

Mine should get shipped out today. Seen the qc pics yesterday. Looks awesome.

Grats mate, you must be excited!

I ordered one with the Swiss movement, and Ms King (Connie) had just sent over the QC photos which looks fabulous! Will post some photos when I it arrives.

I had been told that Connie had encountered issues with her usual "kingwatch999" email address, so for those of you who had ordered from her or had emailed her but got your emails bounced back or didn't get any reply, you can get her at kingsales999@gmail.com

Edited by apollo22